Will my Indentations Above my Eyebrows After Botox Go Away? (photo)

I got botox in March 2013 and noticed about a month later deep indentations above both my eyebrows. I thought they would eventually fade, but they didn't so I got botox again last week (from a well reputable provider that I spent weeks researching) hoping to flatten them and they still don't look any better. Will they eventually go back to normal? What are my options to make them better? To be honest they look worse then the fine lines on my forehead which was my initial reason for botox.

New forehead lines after Botox

+1

Sometimes when wrinkle is removed, another is unmasked or created.  Depending on the placement of the Botox, other muscles that were not as active prior to treatment are working harder creating a new line.  This sometimes can be addressed by a touch up.  Sometimes when one wrinkle is removed, one that was also there but less noticeable becomes prominent.  It sounds likes you would benefit from discussing this with your doctor.  Good luck!

Forehead lines and botox

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  Some additional information is needed to fully answer your question.  The key with botox is how much toxin was used and where the injections were placed.  There are many muscles in the forehead and eyebrow areas and if you had a small area treated, other muscles that are not paralyzed may be pulling on the skin creating different or new lines.  It is not uncommon to need a touch up with additional botox in a situation like yours.  I would go back to your physician and they should be able to help you reach your goals. 

Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Botox and muscle action

+1

Whenn certain muscles are neutralized by Botox, it may cause you to want to compensate with others that do not normally do that specific motion.  If you want it completely flat, them most likely you will need to deactivate the other muscles. Best for you to be seen in person.

Botox is temporary

+1

Botox is temporary, and any effects from a treatment will be worn off within 3-4 months.  I do find that sometimes people start looking at themselves very critically after cosmetic injections and seeing things that were there before but they never noticed.  Is this possible? Compare old and new photos to see. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Change in forehead after Botox

+1

From your pictures, it looks like the treatment is not completely balanced. When some muscles are softened, other muscles can try and pick up the slack by contracting too hard resulting in irregular depressions or movement. You may want to try treating the entire forehead and brow region (including your glabella-the region between the brows) to get a better result. 

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

INDENTATIONS AFTER BOTOX

+1

Reviewing your limited pictures and without being able to compare to pre-treatment pictures, I believe that the procerus and corrugator muscles were not adequately treated and you may have had frontalis or forehead treatment only. I would recommend treatment of glabellar area or letting the Botox wear off to get back to pre-treatment condition.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Indentations above eyebrows after Botox

+1

I am assuming that you only had your forehead treated? What can happen when this is done is the muscles in the forehead don't move, but the eyebrows and crow's feet still do move, which creates new lines. Some muscles are moving, some aren't, and so you create an awkward pulling around the area that's not moving. If you stop Botox entirely, the area will return to normal, or I would suggest you get a more full treatment which would include injections into these muscles that are still moving and pulling.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD