Do my Incisions Look Normal? (photo)

I am 27 days post op today and I swear my incisions look a little more red then they did like a week ago, there's no pain or itchiness or anything was just concerned about the redness

Breast Implants

+1
The incision looks ok, there is no evidence of redness in the skin around it. Sometimes I find patients are doing too much to the incision, speak to your surgeon about a wound care program

It's part of natural healing process....

+1

your incision is going through natural healing process. The pinkness can take up to 9-12 months to settle. You should protect it with sunscreen with SPF greater than 30 during the first 3 months. You can also consider getting BBL type laser treatment to treat the redness earlier than later.

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Scars take time to mature

+1

Scars take about a year to mature and often go through a period of increased redness, itchiness, and more prominence at about 4-8 weeks after surgery. This is normal.

Try to be patient; there is an excellent chance that the scar will improve with time.

Barry Press, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Red scars

+1

As incisions heal, they will go through various stages of swelling, texture, and color. At 1 month, it is not uncommon to develop redness in incisional scars. It is not infected. It's just going through the normal process of healing. It will take up to a year or more for your scars to fully mature and fade. Be patient. Your scars will eventually look better. Thank you for sharing your photo and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD