My Incision is Open? What is the White Area in the Middle? I Am Almost 4wks Post Op. How Can This Be Fixed? (photo)

The steri-strips came off and this is what was underneath the steri strip. This is under my right breast. I have Saline implants 400 filled to 430 cc. It is not hot to touch and I have not noticed any drainage. What is the White area inside the incision? I am going to call my PS in the morning. This incision has been more painful than the left.

My Incision is Open? What is the White Area in the Middle? I Am Almost 4wks Post Op. How Can This Be Fixed?

+1

Get posted photo of a minor wound edge necrosis and separation or dehiscence. Local wound care is all that is needed. 

Incision slightly open

+1

It looks like you incision has slightly seperated. It is best to see your doctor to provide the appropriate wound care necessary.

My Incision is Open

+1

This should be seen by your surgeon. The blue I see looks like an extruding suture that probably should be removed, and then the incision will likely heal promptly. I do not see any implant in the incision, so the level of concern is low but real. 

All the best. 

Breast implant incision problem

+1

While I can't see an exposed implant, this is what you would worry about.  Seeing your surgeon tomorrow is the right thing to do.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Potential exposure of a breast implant

+1

It appears that you have a superficial wound opening but this condition should not be taken lightly.  The inframammary crease incision is the most common incision used for breast augmentation however it is at the bottom of the breasts and all of the edema fluid will drift to this location.  A scar is actually its weakest point 2 weeks after surgery.   This type of wound separation requires plastic surgical expertise to ensure that the implant does not become exposed.  Once exposed the implant will likely need to be removed.  

Open incision after breast aug

+1

You need to have this evaluated by your surgeon.  An open incision could lead to implant exposure.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Incision Slightly Open

+1

You are right in calling your surgeon .This looks like a superficial healing problem but since there is an implant involved, it should get checked out. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Wound looks superficial

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo.  An open incision should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon but from the photo it appears to be superficial.  The absence of redness, swelling, and increased breast pain makes an implant infection unlikely.  The skin separation may be from the presence of suture material.  I would keep the wound clean and see your plastic surgeon as soon as you can.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD