Is my Incision Line Healing Properly or is It Infected?

I am 4 weeks post op TT and BA. There is a (size of quarter) red area along the incision line with small white-ish sore/blister. The remainder of the scar appears to be healing extremely well. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? I have been cleaning the area twice daily with antibacterial soap and adding Polysporin. Any advice would be appreciated!

Is my Incision Line Healing Properly

+1

As you can probably imagine, making a diagnosis of wound infection without an exam or at least a photo is not something we can do here on this site, and a call in to your surgeon is the best approach. 

What you describe does not sound particularly troublesome. But if there is an undissolved suture in the area, this will probably not be resolved until the suture is removed or until it dissolves (?6 weeks or so presuming it is dissolvable). 

The wound care you are doing is correct. 

Do stay in contact with your surgeon.

Thanks for your question,  best wishes.

Minor wound healing issues are common after a tummy tuck.

+1

The description sounds like a minor would healing issue which should fix itself with wound care and time.  These are not uncommon annoyances after an abdominoplasty.

Small Red Area Along Tummy Tuck Scar

+1

This may be a little incision inflammation (or incision separation) or a little stitch abscess.  Either way this can be easily remedied, and you are caring for the area appropriately.  If you have a stitch abscess, the doctor's office can remove the stitch if necessary. 

Wound after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

Small superficial incision line opening/separations are not uncommon after tummy tuck surgery. These areas of openings may occur within the first few weeks after the procedure and sometimes get worse (bigger), before they get better (close).

Generally speaking, local wound care (dressing changes) are all that  is necessary to allow for healing to occur. Most patients go on to heal without long-term sequelae. Occasionally, patients benefit from scar revision of the involved areas.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you precisely.