My Implants Are Super High on my Chest and Hard After 4 Days. Normal?

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance looks typical at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately. If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Implant high on chest and hard 4 days post op

Without photos it's difficult to say, but typically at 4 days post op implants do sit high on the chest and are more firm due to swelling.  At my office we explain this to our patients as something to expect, but if you are very concerned, definitely go see your surgeon.  Most swelling should subside in the next few weeks and they will soften and drop.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hardness and upper position means implants behind the pectoral muscle

you should utilize  a spetial  elastic compressive garment  than push  slowlly both implants to lower position it takes time

Hard implants

Many patients experience a firm upper chest early after a breast augmentation. This is particularly true when implants are placed below the muscle or they are large. It should subside with time.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

High riding implants after surgery, normal?

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to give accurate advise without additional information, pictures and an examination.  It is therefore important to stay in close contact with your surgeon if you have questions about your breasts, especially this soon after surgery.  Implants can often sit a little high right after a breast augmentation.  They will "drop" or settle over the next 4-6 weeks.  As far as the firmness, this can be normal, but other things like a hematoma can make the breasts feel firm.  Having your surgeon evaluate you if you believe there may be an issue cannot be overstated. 

Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

High implants

Hard to give you advice without pictures. Four days out, implants are supposed to be a little high. Give them time to settle, and give the swelling time to succeed. You can start judging your result about 4-6 weeks after surgery.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Implants High and Hard after Breast Augmentation

Thank you for you question. Without a picture, it is difficult to say that everything is OK. If you're having a lot of pain, asymmetric swelling (one side doesn't look like the other or is harder than the other) or need reassurance, I would follow-up with your surgeon. With that said, it is not uncommon for breast to be high and firm, so soon after augmentation. Over the next several months, the skin stretches and implant descends to its final position. 

Matthew Becker, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Implants high and Hard after Augmentation, Normal?

Yes, for 4 days out this is the typical appearance , but if you have concerns f/u with your PS, good luck and allow your body to heal.

Thank you for your question. Without a proper examination it is difficult to give you proper advice. In general, implants can take several months to “settle” following breast augmentation. I recommend that you make a follow up appointment with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Implants high

It is hard to tell exactly what's going out without a photo.. however, breast implants do take weeks to months to settle properly. I would suggest discussing your concerns when you see your surgeon post-operatively.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
White Plains Plastic Surgeon