Will my Implants Be Too Small?

I am 5'7 180 lb. will be getting DD 600 cc. I'm a B cup now, how will I look?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

How will I look

+1

Height , weight, bra size, and implant size is not enough information to tell you how you will look.  Look at before and after pictures of women who look like you and had 600cc implants.  This may give you an idea.  Also I like to have women try on sizers and look in the mirror.  Computer imaging is also another modality to help give you an idea.  None of these will be exact however and that is why it is important to talk with your plastic surgeon and express your desires, likes, and dislikes.   He or she is the one with experience and can help you the best.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Will Implants Be Too Small?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or  "DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant size?

+1

What did you look like with sizers in your bra?  If you looked great, then they are fine.  If you looked small or excessively large, then perhaps they may not work for you.  Use sizers to help you appreciate if they will work for you.  And if your doctor doesn't use sizers, you can recreate them at home with rice in a stocking...

Curtis Wong, MD

Will my Implants Be Too Small?

+1

Too small for what? and for whom? Some idea of your goals is needed to answer this.

Without photos, it is not possible to give any sort of useful response. These are very large implants, and they may or may not be appropriate to your anatomy. Most surgeons use breast width as one guideline, and will not place an implant wider than the breast width. For a high profile 600 cc gel implant, the width would just under 14 cm. If your breast width is less than that, a smaller implant should be considered. Other factors may also limit the size that is appropriate, and these are best reviewed in person at a consultation. 

Large implants do have long term unfavorable consequences, like thinning of the breast skin, loss of elasticity, and early need for breast lift surgery. All the pros and cons should be considered. Best wishes.

Implants too small?

+1

If you look at pictures of a hundred different people on the internet who are your same height, weight an body frame, they may all have different size implants and they may all look good.  This is not like putting bumpers on Chevrolets.  Each person is an individual and the decision on which volume to use should be a decision that is decided upon in consultation with a doctor who can listen to your goals for this operation and who can examine you in person.  Also, the volume of the implant does NOT correlate to a particular cup size.  A 600 cc implant on someone who is 5'0" tall and 32" band width is going to look much larger than someone who is 5'10" and 38" band width.  Finally, cup sizes vary from bra manufacturer to bra manufacturer.  They don't have standard cup sizes so no doctor can guarantee you a particular cup size.  At the end of the day, implants are simply bags of filler material designed to make your breast fuller.  They don't lift or change the shape of the breasts.  They just add volume.  What your breasts look like now is what they should look like after everything has settled only fuller.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast augmentation and a desire to be a DD cup size.

+1

Please be aware that the size of implants for an augmentation can vary greatly, and the size has more to do with the tightness and flexibility  of a created breast pocket.  This could more determine the size of the implants that would be used.  I would think less about what size you may want to be rather than what you properly should be.

I would always use the advice of the Plastic Surgeon that you have selected to assist in this decision.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieer M.D.

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD