As my implants settle, will I get bigger to obtain the size I wanted when I tried on 300cc sizers? (photo)

I am 46yrs old, 5'8", 135lbs, 1wk post op, lift & 330cc Mentor/silicone/sub pec. I tried on 300cc sizers pre-op & liked them. My ps said we will go 1 size up & that put me at 330cc. I am 1 week post op & I am smaller than the 300cc sizers that I tried on. My ps said that the implants will change as they settle & I will be happy. I understand that I will lose size as the swelling go away. Does anyone think that they will get bigger? BTW, my ps did a great job. I am happy but not big:-(

Breasts will look Fuller as breast implants settle into the normal position

+3

Thank you for your question and photograph. It is quite normal for breast implants to be high and spread out shortly after breast augmentation and lift.

As the breast implants settle and drop into their final position the breast should look fuller and more natural. From the photo in your bra you look like you will have an excellent result. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Implant size

+1

Do not worry - you are far too fresh post op to worry about such things - wait a full six weeks prior to determining anything. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Implant changes after surgery

+1

Most patients do not necessarily look bigger or smaller as they heal from breast augmentation, but they look different. There is usually not very much swelling from the surgery, but the implants look high in the pocket. As the implants soften and settle, there is a bit of loss of the upper pole volume and more volume in the base of the breasts. This usually makes the breast appear to fill the cup of a bra more completely. But the breasts do not actually get bigger.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon