Are my Implants Saggy? Do I Need a Revision? (photo)

I had breat lift/aug in 2009, had baby in 2010..its been 3-4 since I stopped breastfeeding boobs look a little saggy and deflated. do I need another lift or will a bigger implant fill in the fullness I'm missing?

Saggy Breast after Implants

+1

I do not think your breast are saggy enough to require a breast lift, but if you want to return to your original pregnancy fullness, implant exchange with a larger implant would work out just fine.

Cure for Sagging Implants

+1

The first decision is whether you are even interested in larger implants and therefore larger breasts.  If not, then the decision becomes easy, and you can just get them re-lifted.  If you are trying to tighten up the lower half of your breast, you will also need a lift.  If you are simply trying to fill in the upper half of your breast, then a larger implant is indicated.  And,  finally, if you want all of the above then you can get larger implants and have them re-lifted at the same time.  Best wishes.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Revisional surgery

+1

Based on your photo, it appears that you've lost some breast volume.  A larger implant might just do the trick to fill in the hollow envelope.  However, I would need to examine your skin envelope also to determine if a lift or skin tighening procedure might be necessary.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast implant revision surgery after pregnancy with 'sagging and deflation'.

+1

Photos are not the best way to make a decision about breast surgery options. It appears as if your breasts (and nipples) are reasonably well positioned.

You apparently have loss of breast volume after your pregnancy and breast feeding. If you have saline implants, your plastic surgeon can evaluate these for loss of volume, as well.

The simplest fix is an implant exchange with an adjustment of the volume upward. The type of implant you should use would best be determined by your surgeon. He (or she) will assess your breast size and shape, as well as skin/breast tissue thickness to select an appropriate substitute for your current implants.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures, I do not think that further breast lifting is necessary. Larger breast implants may help to “reinflate” the breasts and provide the fullness that you are looking for. I would suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon; I preferred the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process. Show your plastic surgeon the results that you would like to achieve as well as breasts that are too big or too small.

Only get larger implants if the volume of your breasts is insufficient

+1

There are two things to consider and that is adding volume with a bigger implant versus tightening the lower pole of the breast with a breast lift.  If you are happy with your current breast size then a lift is all you need.  I would not use a larger implant to mask the need for a breast lift as in the long run you will not be happy.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Larger implants not a good idea if post op vertical scar lift

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

Please, please do not get larger implants if you have a vertical scar from your lift. Larger implants are a quick fix and will look great only for a couple of years. Adding more weight to an already poorly designed lift will only make matters worse down the line and more difficult to correct. Vertical scar lifts inherently weaken the lift by placing an incision at the point of maximum tension. My advice-do nothing. Your breasts look very natural.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Bresat Implant Revision

+1

No you do not need a lift. You can get upper pole fullness if you get a high profile implant. If you already have a HP implant then go to a style 45 allergan implant of similar width to what you have.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breasts saggy?

+1

From the profile it looks like you have good nipple height but lost some volume. A larger implant may do the trick.

Breast implant revision

+1

You have lost some of your own tissue volume so it is not the implants that are "saggy."  However, since your nipples are still high, all you need is larger implants.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS