Will my Implants Sag Since They Were Perfect a Little over a Week After my Ba?

I got submuscular 500cc silicone implants. Had deflated b cups before. My implants are sitting almost perfect only two weeks after surgery does that mean they won't hold up and my boobs will start sagging in 5-10 years?

Will my Implants Sag

+1

Breast implants do not protect against time and gravity. Ptosis (sagging) occurs to women with and without implants. Larger implants are an added risk factor. Be sure to wear proper support especially when exercising.

Congratulations on a nice result, best wishes. 

Settling of breast implants

+1

Your breasts will not sag but your implants will settle over time.  Your nipples will always be a bit perky and not point toward the  floor.  The skin stretches modrately over the years.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Maintaining good breast shape following breast augmentation

+1

Every one wants their implants to be up and in but due to time weight and gravity implants tend to settle down and out.  Over time the implants and alas the breasts will sag as you loose some degree of skin elasticity.   Using a good support bra will help.  

Gravity is one of those things that never "takes a break!"

+1

First of all, congratulations on your new look! Enjoy the fruits of your surgeon's skills and your choosing to undergo this procedure. Let's not dwell too much on negative thoughts when you should be feeling good right now, rather than worrying about what unknowns may come!

That being said, gravity, time, and aging occur for all of us, and large(r) breasts will be affected by these things more than small(er) breasts! However, your implants will not sag or deform over time, and the scar capsule your body forms around breast implants adds a bit of internal support to your breasts (especially as compared to, say, a clone of you with identical-size breasts without implants).

There is no way for you to tell what time, gravity, and your skin collagen and elastic fiber genetics will do for your breast appearance (or your facial appearance in 20 or 30 years)! Your breasts may still look fabulous in 5-10 years, or they may droop and sag some or a lot! Keeping fit, not gaining weight, and not getting pregnant or breast feeding will all help your breasts stay youthful as long as your genetics allow! But every patient is different.

The fact that you had "deflated B cups before" is one hint that your skin elasticity is not as good as some women's, and that may explain why you look good so soon after breast augmentation. But it may also provide a preview of what you might expect as time goes by, and why you are asking this quite-reasonable question!

Still, regardless of what time and gravity bring, you are wise to wear supportive bras, particularly when exercising, jogging, or riding a horse, etc. Gravity never rests, and you cannot change your personal genetics. Be glad you have the results you do, and hope that time is kind to you. If not, there are plenty of ABPS-certified plastic surgeons "standing by" to help you with whatever is needed at whatever future brings! Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

"Sagging" after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.

At this point, I think that you should enjoy your “almost perfect” breast implant positioning.  The results at this point do not necessarily correlate to any “sagging” that may occur in the future.  In other words, there is nothing  in your description that raises concerns about the appearance of the breasts in the future. 

Enjoy the results of the procedure.

Implants

+1

This does not mean you will sag, or bottom out. You just have to wait and see.The scar that forms around your implant will help to hold it in place.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Implants and droop

+1

If patients have sagging or deflated breasts, often the implants sit nicely after surgery.  Those that have tighte skin often take a while for the implants to settle.

Implant sagging

+1

In most of cases implants sags a little over time. However it is impossible to determine the speed or severity for that. The biggest the implant, more chances for sagging. This will depend on the quality of your tissues and if you wear or not the bra every day.

Jesús Benito-Ruiz, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Breast Droop After Implants

+1

Breasts over 5 of 10 years droop even without implants.  Implants hasten the droop.  The larger the implant the faster the droop.  If your breasts look great 2 weeks after surgery that does not mean that they will droop faster over time.  This is based on your tissues and their relative strength.