Are my Implants Too Far Apart? (photo)

I am currently 4 weeks po, after having 420/375 silicone implants to correct tuberous breasts. The right breasts has not dropped yet, and i'm wondering if this is normal at this stage? In addition to this i'm worried my implants have been displaced from their pockets- are they too far apart? Finally- can i expect any more rounding out or is this the final shape? Thank you for your advice in advance.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation done with Constricted/Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. One of the characteristics seen with tuberous/constricted breasts is that the breasts sit somewhat far apart from one another. Your plastic surgeon has done as much as possible to improve the space between the breast; I do not think that your breast implants sit too far apart.

Also, I have found that with tuberous/constricted breasts, that it may take a longer period of time for breast implants to fully “settle” and round out the lower poles of the breast. I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and allow 6 to 12 months before evaluating the end results of the procedure performed in your case.  Sometimes massage or breast implant displacement exercises may be helpful in this regard.

You may find the attached link helpful for more information.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tubularbreasts.htm

Are my Implants Too Far Apart?

+1

No.

Thanks for your question, and for the posted photos. You can see in the preop photos how wide apart your breasts are. They actually seem considerably less so in the post op photos.

Your outcome looks like a better improvement than I would have expected. It is pretty much the rule to need revision operations for patients with tuberous breasts, and that may well be the case. The areolas can be reduced in size and moved (a little) toward the center to improve the overall appearance. TIme will tell about changing shape--very hard to predict with tuberous breasts. But this is a nice outcome so far. 

All the best. 

Breast cleavage and implants

+1

Submuscular implants are held apart by width of chest bone and muscle attachments.  If you want better cleavage have your implants put in front of your chest muscles.  Then not only you will have cleavage you will also have a better blend of implants with your own breasts. 

P.S. Natural human breast is always in front of the muscle.

Natural anatomical position of the breast

+1

Does not seem to be since the original position of your breast was to "fall" laterally. With that type of anatomy the implants will make the medial portion of the breasts closer but will have a limitation.

Consult with your surgeon to confirm.

Best of luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breast/breast-implants-miami-fl/

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thank you for the question.The wide distance between your implants is likely due to the width of your breastbone, which cannot be changed.Give your breasts several months to heal, then discuss your shape with your surgeon.Revision in tuberous breast surgery is normal. Thomas Narsete, M.D. Austin, Tx

Breast too far apart after breast augmentation

+1

Dear Hannah: Thanks for including your pre-op pic, since that is the key to your answer.   It is not so much that your breasts are too far apart, your areolas are not centered and therefore giving an illusion that the breast are not as close as they should be.  Since there were no steps taken (none were indicated) to change the location of your areola, as in vertical mastopexy (lollipop lift) for example, they remained as they were prior to your procedure.  Be patient, you still have a lot of healing to do. 

Implants for tuberous breasts

+1

It looks like you ahve to give it more time, and you may need a reivsion to deal with the very large areola and the possibility that you will need to open up the lower pole more.

Implants Too Far Apart?

+1

It is important to note that the placement of a breast implant will not result in the creation of cleavage.  If there is a wide distance between the breasts, or if the sternum is wide, it is very difficult to create cleavage.  Based on your preoperative photographs it seems that your implants are about as close together as they can be.

Implants belong where the breasts are. Yours are far apart.

+1

You do/did have tuberous breasts which are difficult to correct.  A common mistake women make is thinking that implants can correct widely spaced breasts.  The implants should be centered behind the nipple.  If they are moved toward the center to lessen the distance between the breasts the nipple will move off the highest point of the breast mound toward the side and point outward which it appears your surgeon did to a small extent just to help you out a little. If he moved them toward the center any more your nipples would be pointing outward even more and look strange.  Your breasts are very widely spaced and nothing can ever change that.  It will take 4-6 months for your breasts to settle and round out.  In that time they will also move around more and the correct bra can push them closer giving the impression of closer breasts in clothing. I am sure at that time when you look back at where you started you will realize just how far you came and be thankful.  Your surgeon did a decent job with a difficult case.  I do think your left implant is a little too large, but not hugely so.  It's a difficult call to make in the operating room to be sure and no one is perfectly symmetrical.  You might change it in the future, but wait at least 3-4 months.

Implants too far apart?

+1

Hannah,

Thank you for your well written and concise question. You are correct in saying that you had tuberous breasts- the significance being the implants alone will not be enough to make your breasts look perfectly normal. Do you have different size implants?  The left breast looks larger. I agree that time will most likely allow the breasts to look more natural. Regarding the question of implant position- I believe the implants must be placed so that the nipples are in the center of the mounds, which is what you have. In other words, we have to use your anatomy, and implants can't do more than increase volume. I suggest you continue to massage the breasts and give it another couple of months- then return to see your surgeon and have him or her evaluate your results at 3 months.

Thank you.