Do my implants look normal for 16 days post op? (photo)

425cc HP silicone unders. Pre op 34A. 5"5, 115 lbs. Results not as I expected - Look really high and wierd shaped. PS said to allow more time for implants to settle and gave me a compression strap to wear at night. I still feel sore, tight, and pain around incisions. I am hoping this is normal and with time it will get better. I am very upset with my results so far. Will they settle and look "normal"???

Your situation is within what is normally seen

Submuscular implants are notorious for riding high early on. If you had a fair amount of breast tissue to begin with you may also have soft tissue hanging off the bottom of the implant. I often tell patients that early on, tall and rectangular. Once the muscle stretches out and the implant descends, you will be much happier with the result.  I know you're very upset at the results so far, but at the six month point, they will look much different.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants 16 days post op.

Thank you for the photos.  You are only 16 days post op. It is very early in the post operative course.   You will have swelling and most likely some spasm of the muscle. This seems to be especially true if you were small before and go relatively larger. It one was significantly larger and/or painful we would be more concerned with a hematoma. They usually settle in with time.   Please do call your board certified plastic surgeon's office and tell them your concerns.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Yes it is

It is normal for your breasts to go through changes over the months following breast augmentation. When done correctly, expect 3 to 6 months to see the final result.

Good Luck

Thank you for your question . It is too early to give you an exact answer please wait at least 2-3 months to give time to your implants to come down and settle. 
Congratutations on your procedure.

Do my implants look normal for 16 days post op?

Congratulations on your surgery!  2 weeks is really too soon to worry about final shape.  Everyone is different so try to give it 3-6 months and re-evaluate then with your surgeon.  During that time, continue to go to your follow up visits with your surgeon so your progress can be tracked and photos can be taken.  If your surgeon recommends wearing a band, then continue to do so.  You started off with an A cup and had 425's implanted so it may take a bit longer for your implants to settle so try to be patient and try not to be upset, everything can be corrected if necessary.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

If your implants don't drop

If your implants remain high and don't drop, you might ask your doctor about lowering them, switching to a subglandular position.  You may even need a breast lift.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

High implants after your augmentation

It is true that implants will continue to drop for the first few months after surgery. However, I suspect that yours will not drop enough to make you (or your surgeon) happy. I may be wrong, but it is just my hunch that a revision may be in your future.

Your surgeon will help you

I would recommend that you to continue to see your surgeon and follow his/her recommendations. Your ps may recommend possible pocket revision/ lift if indicated. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Soory for the post operative issues. In most cases the implant "fall" into the inferior pocket over the course of a moth +/-. But consideration must be given to the possibility your inferior pocket was under dissected, you may have needed a lift, or both. If after a month post op your implants are still riding this high you will need a face to face with your surgeon.. Good Luck.. 

High Silicone Implants

Thank you for your picture.  I am sorry about your implant issue.  In my opinion, the implants may settle but this is not guaranteed.  This is why when I perform breast augmentation I place the implants right where I and the patient want them.  I do not rely on "settling" of the implants.  I think you should use the bandeau. It will help but do not be surprised if you need a revision,.

Dr. ES