Do my implants look normal for 16 days post op? (photo)

425cc HP silicone unders. Pre op 34A. 5"5, 115 lbs. Results not as I expected - Look really high and wierd shaped. PS said to allow more time for implants to settle and gave me a compression strap to wear at night. I still feel sore, tight, and pain around incisions. I am hoping this is normal and with time it will get better. I am very upset with my results so far. Will they settle and look "normal"???

+1
Thank you for your question . It is too early to give you an exact answer please wait at least 2-3 months to give time to your implants to come down and settle. 
Congratutations on your procedure.

Do my implants look normal for 16 days post op?

+1
Congratulations on your surgery!  2 weeks is really too soon to worry about final shape.  Everyone is different so try to give it 3-6 months and re-evaluate then with your surgeon.  During that time, continue to go to your follow up visits with your surgeon so your progress can be tracked and photos can be taken.  If your surgeon recommends wearing a band, then continue to do so.  You started off with an A cup and had 425's implanted so it may take a bit longer for your implants to settle so try to be patient and try not to be upset, everything can be corrected if necessary.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

If your implants don't drop

+1
If your implants remain high and don't drop, you might ask your doctor about lowering them, switching to a subglandular position.  You may even need a breast lift.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

High implants after your augmentation

+1
It is true that implants will continue to drop for the first few months after surgery. However, I suspect that yours will not drop enough to make you (or your surgeon) happy. I may be wrong, but it is just my hunch that a revision may be in your future.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Your surgeon will help you

+1
I would recommend that you to continue to see your surgeon and follow his/her recommendations. Your ps may recommend possible pocket revision/ lift if indicated. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

+1
Soory for the post operative issues. In most cases the implant "fall" into the inferior pocket over the course of a moth +/-. But consideration must be given to the possibility your inferior pocket was under dissected, you may have needed a lift, or both. If after a month post op your implants are still riding this high you will need a face to face with your surgeon.. Good Luck.. 

High Silicone Implants

+1
Thank you for your picture.  I am sorry about your implant issue.  In my opinion, the implants may settle but this is not guaranteed.  This is why when I perform breast augmentation I place the implants right where I and the patient want them.  I do not rely on "settling" of the implants.  I think you should use the bandeau. It will help but do not be surprised if you need a revision,.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Do my implants look normal?

+1
It is difficult to answer this question without a photo of your anatomy before surgery.  However, implants may sometimes appear high on the chest initially, and may 'settle' with time.  The breast strap may help this process along.  Two weeks is too early to determine your final result.  Unfortunately there is no way to speed this along.  Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for any additional recommendations they may be able to offer.

Joseph D. Alkon, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

+1
Although your concerns are understandable, online consultants will not be able to accurately predict exactly exactly when or how much your breast implants  will “settle” with time. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to this question given that he/she knows exactly what was done ( for example the specifics of the breast implant dimensions).  At this point, your best "friends" are patience, time, and close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.