I Had my Implants Done Six Months Ago, and my Left One is Not Dropping Very Well?

I Had my Implants Done Six Months Ago, and my Left One is Not Dropping Very Well. I've Been Wearing a Band for the Past 2 Months

Uneven

+1

Unfortunately, after six months, most gravity related changes should be fairly even.   I am sure your doctor can diagnose the problem and make a good attempt to achieve better symmetry.  Generally speaking you may be ready for revision at six to nine months, but your surgeon is better able  to address timing as he/she has an opportunity to see if things are still changing.   

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry 6 Months after Breast Augmentation?

+1

It will be in your best interests to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for direct examination and treatment advice. If you are dealing with slight breast asymmetry and no evidence of encapsulation, you may want to avoid any further surgery. If, however there is significant breast asymmetry and/or encapsulation present, further surgery may be indicated.

Again, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you.

High breast implant likely to stay up after six months

+1

There could be several reasons that your implant is higher and after six months there is a slim chance that the shape will improve. You might have a pocket that was not fully released, a breast implant capsule, or an issue with the breast envelope and implant size which is not fullly compatable. See your surgeon for help.

Breast implants 6 months ago

+1

If you have your breast implant surgery six months ago, and they have not dropped it is doubtful that they will drop at this point. You should go see your surgeon for evaluation.

Implant Asymmetry

+1

Breast asymmetry is one of the most common post operative issues in breast augmentation.  Some important points for your postoperative course would be

- preoperative asymmetry (need to review your photos)

- if you had asymmetry, the fold under the left breast may need to be lowered

- firmness of the left breast compared to the right breast may be a sign of a capsular contracture.  This can be treated with Accolate or Singulair.  Ultimately you may require a surgical release of the capsule on the left side

Joel Shanklin, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation

+1

If one breast is not 'dropping' after surgery then it may be that there is a capsular contraction or the lower part of the implant pocket may have simply closed off slightly. If the breast is soft and the cosmetic issue is minimal then nothing need be done. If you are concerned about the issue at this stage and want something definitive done simply visit with your surgeon and ask him for the alternatives. Most surgeons would consider an open capsulotomy or capsulectomy with an implant exchange. There are some medications available that can be used off label and may be of some help in some patients. The effect of massage has been debated and although I routinely ask my patients to massage the implants I can't state categorically that it helps reduce contracture. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Implants dropping

+1

Without before and after pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  If there is a market asymmetry, you should address with this with your surgeon.  If there is only a slight difference, I would suggest watchful waiting and conservative measures like you are doing.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast Not Dropping after Breast Augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon for slight asymmetry after breast augmentation for up to a year depending on the differences in the breasts before surgery and the softness or firmness of the implants. If your left breast is firmer, you may have a capsular contracture. A physical exam will determine if this is the case. The softness of the implant can be improved in some patients with massage, external ultrasound treatments, the medications Singular and Accolate, vitamin E, and Fish oil-Omega 3 Fatty Acids. All these treatment options can be further discussed with you surgeon.  

Charles A. Messa III, MD