Are my Implants Too High? They Feel Too Tight. (photo)

Hi, im 27, and exactly 2 weeks ago got a breast lift,with 700 cc silicon unders. they have no settled at all, not even a milimeter. they are right under my collar bone and very tight. the swelling is gone. theyre so high and tight that theyre causing the muscle/skin to come off my chest which makes my cleavage look connected. do i need a revision? my plastic surgeon is out of state and wont return my calls or emails. im very depressed now. im 5'4" 150 lbs and i dont smoke or drink.

Breast surgery recovery and results

+3

Whether or not you are going to need a revision would be very difficult to tell at this point. The breast implants will settle and soften dramatically over the next several months. Most patients take at least 3 months to see the final shaping of the implant pocket. I would not be concerned at all with the increased volume in the upper pole. This will certainly soften with just time. I would be more concerned about the long term issues you might have with a breast lift in combination with a 700 cc breast implant. This would be considered by most surgeons to be rather aggressive. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Results?

+2

At this stage in your recovery is much to early to evaluate the results of the procedure performed. It is also much too early to evaluate the need for revisionary breast surgery.  I would suggest continued efforts to communicate with your plastic surgeon;  if these efforts remain unsuccessful, you may want to consider seeking consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

2 weeks post op breast implants, too high?

+1

Thank you for the photos.  It is too early to tell.  Most of the time the implants start to move downward at three weeks.  You are still in the early inflammatory stage.  Now is not the time to talk revision.  Please do try and connect with your board certified plastic surgeon.  Be calm and if you can't get him/her, try and talk to the nurse or office manager.  They will sometimes have luck getting your message to the top of the stack.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Worried about implant position in the early post-op period

+1

Although it doesn't feel like it to you, you are still VERY EARLY in the healing process. There is a great deal of soft tissue relaxation that will occur over the next few weeks and months. Try to remain patient with the process, and allow time for your skin and soft tissue to relax and heal. Remember that you had faith in your surgeon for a reason before the surgery; this is why you chose a board certified plastic surgeon: even if there are issues, they are the ones that are able to get you to where you need to be. Good luck, and be patient :)

Matt Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Are my Implants Too High?

+1

There is really nowhere else for these large implants to go until the pectoral muscles relax--expect 3 to 6 months. If your surgeon is out of town, there should be a cross cover. All the best.

Implants too high?

+1

i see what you are concerned about. It is too early though to be overly concerned. I usually have my patients massage in order to help the implants drop. Keep trying to contact your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Too high

+1

It is too early, but usually getting implants too high is rarely the problem. Defying gravity and skin aging is a much bigger issue. Be patient and follow up with your PS

Michael Hueneke, MD