Are my Implants Gonna Be Big Enough for What I Want to Achieve?

Hello. I am getting a BA in a few days to increase my small 34 c cup to possibly a d cup. My doctor wants to use 360cc filled to 390cc but I really want a full look and have told him this and I just wanna make sure I will be happy. My bwd is 13 and I'm using moderate profile saline implants. Help please! Thanks!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

In regards to breast size, the more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size.

If surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Picking the Best Breast Implants for Your Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

Dear heather from carolinas-

Choosing the best breast implants for you before your breast augmentation surgery can be trying, but various strategies can help.

During your consultation, it's normal for your plastic surgeon to take a look at you and take  A LOT of measurements.  Then, you can either try on breast implant sizers or have software that can give you an approximate "before and after" comparison with various breast implants.  If you can supply photos and pictures of what you personally like in other patients, this is also a useful guide for your plastic surgeon in helping figure out the best breast implants for your desired result.

Talk and re-consult with your plastic surgeon, and I'm sure he/ she will be able to help.

Best Wishes,

Roy Kim, MD

Roy Kim, MD

Implant sizing

+1
SIzing is always a leap of faith but, as others have noted, you can take steps to achieve a meeting of the minds with your plastic surgeon---to the extent that your anatomy otherwise permits. Definitely try a larger bra, such as a 34D or 36C (they are basically equivalent), stuff it and show your doctor the result. I think you are on target with the proposed implants.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Show your doctor the size you want to be

+1

Thank you for this question.  Sometimes it's difficult for patients to convey to their surgeon their desires.  We use Mentor's Breast Implant Dimensional Sizing System to give us a rough idea of what patient's want.  When a patient tells me a cup size, it's of very little help because cup sizes vary depending on where you shop.  Another useful tool we always utilize is photos.  Patients pick out a photo of a topless woman that is the size she would want to be.  The day of surgery, I use different sizers to try to simulate the desired look.  Try talking to your surgeon again and maybe even bring in some photos to show him what you foresee as the end result.  A picture is worth a thousand words!  Hope it goes well.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Picking implant sizes for you.

+1

I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS