Have my Implants Finished Dropping? (photo)

I am 3 months post op. I am wondering if my implants are finished dropping, because they are not round at all and i have no cleavage what so ever. A push up bra doesn't even give me cleavage. The right one is higher than the left still. I go to my doctor monday but for now i'm worried because I don't want this to be my final result

Cleavage post aug

+1

As time goes by your breast will soften and descend more and ytour cleavage should become better,I only wish there was a way to speed up the process.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage and Breast Augmentation

+1

Your photos show that you have cleavage, but obviously not the amount of cleavage you were hoping for. Implants push the breast tissue more centrally, and using higher profile or larger implants will do this to a larger degree. One thing a breast augmentation does not do (and in my opinion should not do) is redefine the position of the breasts on the chest wall. Dissecting the inner portion of the chest wall to increase cleavage often leads to implant malpositions, synmastias, and loss of the normal breast separation. At 3 months, this is likely very close to your final result. If you desire more cleavage, then larger or more projecting implants may be a better option for you.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Is This My Final Breast Augmentation Result?

+1

While some small final changes to your breast augmentation result may still occur, you are largely looking at your result. Cleavage rarely occurs in breast augmentation and is determined almost exclusively by how close your breasts were to begin with and the size of the implants. It is a common misconception of many women prior to their breast implant surgery that they will have substantial cleavage afterwards. I am afraid that if you are unhappy now with your result that whatever implant settling remains will not be enough to achieve the kind of result that you were expecting. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Final implant position

+1

It would be nice to see your pre op photographs.  The result that you can obtain from a breast augmentation is a bigger version of yourself it will not make you look like anyone else even with the exact same sized implants.  The implant forms the base of the breast pyramid and projects your breasts forward.  From your post operative photograph it appears that your right breast is slightly higher than the left.  This may improve over the next three months.  I would continue with vigorous massage.  Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to know if you will need additional surgery to achieve your anticipated result.  

When implants finish dropping

+1

Actually the pocket is shaped to center the implant on the nipple, and the 'drop' is determined by the relaxation in the skin envelope of the breast, most often in the lower portion hence the drop. At three months you are moving along, but if the breast is tight it may take six or even up to twelve months for the implant and breast to come together as best they will.

Implant Position

+1

At three months, you are likely seeing close to the finished result.  There may still be some settling over the next few months, but most of the settling has likely already happened.  You may want to consider larger implants or a higher profile, but you also need to work closely with your plastic surgeon to ensure that any changes that you make will maintain a nice and natural result.  

David Shafer, MD

No Cleavage after Breast Augmentation

+1

The position of the implants on your chest wall and relative to your breasts and nipple areola complexes is OK.  However, wait at least 6 months before considering if the implants have dropped.   The space between your implants appears anatomic.  To get greater cleavage, you may need a larger implant.

Have my Implants Finished Dropping

+1

This question is best addressed to your surgeon, who has your preop photos and has followed your recovery. For example, I can't tell from this photo if anything has changed since your first visit. 

To my evaluation of the photos, this appears to be an attractive result, and both sides look reasonably even. As to cleavage, the limiting factor is the patient's natural breasts. These implants are well positioned, centered behind the nipples and areolas. The implants are most likely behind the muscle (>90% are in the US) and the implants can't be close together than where the muscle attached to the breast bone, which is about half an inch from the midline.

Back to implants dropping, this process can last for 6 months in many patients. Thanks for your question, best wishes.