My Implants Do Not Feel Like They Are Part of my Body, 16 Months Post Op, is This Normal?

I regularly(daily) have some form of pain/discomfort. They aren't unbearable pains, just light & irritating, & range from sharp to dull. Usually the pains are consistent throbbing pains, several seconds apart, either dull or sharp that last 1 minute or 2. Sometimes it is a sudden 1 off pain. I have no hardness or deformation. I had silicon 240cc Sabin implants placed under the muscle through my nipple. I went off pain killers 1 wk post op. but feel light irritation ever since. Surgeon in Europe.

Pain/Discomfort 16 Months after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Without direct examination is difficult to give you precise advice. However, based on your description of “no hardness or deformation” it sounds like you do not have a problem with capsular contraction. If this is the case (best confirmed after direct consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon)  then it may be hard to determine exactly what is causing your discomfort/pain. 

Again, direct physical examination will be potentially very helpful. it is possible that your symptoms are caused by breast implant pressure ( for example implant displacement)  or your symptoms may be unrelated to the breast implants altogether ( for example pain/tenderness of the breast tissue itself).

Seek consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area for more precise diagnosis/advice.