Have my implants dropped at all?-Nipples STILL asymmetric! (Photo)

2 Weeks ago I posted a question regarding my asymmetric nipples following my augmentation. I am now 5 weeks post-op, my nipples are still very uneven. My surgeon said the asymmetry was normal, I feel like my implant has not moved at all. In 2 weeks I am going to see a different surgeon. Judging by the photos, do you think my implants have made any progress? Also, I previously said I had saline implants by accident, they are silicone (cohesive gel), high profile, over the muscle, 340CC.

Nipple asymmetry after breast enlargement

+2
Thank you very much for your message and enclosing your photographs.

It does look from the photographs as if you are slightly asymmetric with your right nipple being slightly higher than your left.

It is difficult to say whether this will continue as we are not sure if the left nipple has always been slightly lower.
I think the right implant does need to drop a little bit and I would definitely discuss this with your surgeon as some surgeons recommend massage techniques to speed the lowering of the implant.

I think it would certainly be worth scheduling a consultation with your surgeon to discuss the best way forward for you.

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+2
Hi Erica,
Keep your surgeon in the loop and go in frequently.  If you do see a second consultation, bring all your preop photos with you.  Our implants in some cases drop over a period of 6 months.  All the best,

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Nipple asymmetry

+2
It is always good to look at your prep photos and see what the breasts looked like before implants. It is likely that the left nipple areola complex was lower than the right. Best to follow with your surgeon over the next few months.

Asymmetric nipples

+2
Thank you for your pictures. I agree that you have significant asymmetry to your nipples. I still await a total of three months before making any final judgments. I suspect that you will need a revision. This most likely will be a mastopexy of the left breast.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast implants will continue to drop for 6-12 weeks

+2
Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your excellent photography and keeping track of your progress.

Based on your photos there has been some progress although the left nipple still looks low.

My guess is that there was an asymmetry preop and the left nipple was lower and possibly the breast was narrower.  In this situation it is very common that the implant drops more slowly on that side.

I think it is important that you ask your plastic surgeon or the new surgeon that you see about wearing a pole wrap and doing vigorous breast implant displacement exercises to encourage the left side to drop.

If after 3 months you've made no progress then it is possible that a small breast lift on the left side and revision of your breast implant pocket may solve the problem.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Have my implants dropped at all?-Nipples STILL asymmetric!

+2
Thank you for the question and pictures. You have done a nice  job with the photographs taken at different time intervals. I would agree with you that there does not seem to be much progress made in the 2 week time interval; however, keep in mind that it may take several months for breast implants to fully settle in some cases. It would also be helpful to see preoperative photographs, to determine how much breast asymmetry was present preoperatively;  viewing these photographs will allow your plastic surgeons to determine whether additional maneuvers may be necessary down the line to  improve your breast symmetry. Most of the time, these types of breast asymmetry concerns can be improved upon, surgically if necessary, by lowering the higher riding breast implant. Best wishes.

Re: Have my implants dropped at all?-

+1
Thank you for your question, and images.

At 5 weeks patients should begin to see more symmetry and softening. 
Since these implants where placed above the muscle the initial post-operative
settling dynamic is not as much of an issue. 

In such cases with our patients I begin measuring after the first four weeks and look for changes over the next three to four months.  Typically with regular massage, and patience I find that the improvements can be significant- thus avoiding the need for an adjustment procedure. 

Hope this helped.

Thank you,

S. P. Maggi, MD, FACS
Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Sergio P. Maggi, MD