Have my Implants Dropped Yet? (photo)

I had a lift + 240cc low profile silicone implant 3.5 months ago. if you look at my picture diary you can see the whole process. i still feel a bit of discomfort sometimes, and if i grab them hard. have they dropped?

Lift/Implants Early Post Op Results

+1

Congratulations.  You have chosen an excellent plastic surgeon for your procedure.  It appears you had a circumareolar or Benelli mastopexy with the lift scar only around the areola.  Your implants appear well positioned.  You have fullness in the upper quadrant and no part of your breast is hanging on the chest wall.  Your nipples are symmetrical.  All in all, I would say you have an excellent result.  Discomfort in a very mild form may go on for several months.  The process of placing an implant under your breast and/or muscle stretches out nerves, and they may fire randomly for a long time.  This means nothing.  It will decrease in intensity and eventually go away.  Finally, as to your question about dropping, your surgeon can answer this best; however, they certainly look as if they are in the right place from your pictures.       

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Implants in pocket?

+1

Your results look very nice, and it appears that they have come down into the pocket nicely. An exam is always helpful to be sure.

Have my Implants Dropped Yet?

+1

The series of posted photo leads me to respond with yes they have dropped. But if you are not sure visit your surgeon to discuss. 

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Results?

+1

Based on your pictures I think you are doing well after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon, enjoying the results of surgery, while avoiding “grabbing them hard”.

How do my breasts look? (photos)

+1

Please thank your surgeon for doing a fantastic job.  We plastic surgeons train very long, work very hard, and invest more heavily than ANY other specialty to provide the best possible care for every patient.  Still, despite doing everything "right," there are still factors beyond our control, and sometimes things don't proceed as planned.  In your case, all is well.  You will have occasional discomfort, settling and softening of the breasts will continue for months (and years), but results don't get better than yours.

Steve Laverson, MD

Implants settling post op

+1

You look like you have an excellent "early" result.  Most post op photos that I show patients are not taken until 9 months after their breast surgery as things will continue to "settle" and change for this amount of time after their surgery.  Based on how you look at this time, I would expect things to continue to look better with time and that your surgeon did an excellent job.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1
From your pictures it looks like it had dropped into position. You need to have your surgeon examine you.Very nice results.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Yes, you have dropped . . . but not completely yet.

+1

At 3.5 months post-op, your look appears perfect, because over the next 3-6 months you will almost certainly drop a tiny bit more. You look great now, and your surgeon is to be congratulated on a splendid result. You are to be congratulated on a splendid choice and result thus far!

Scar tissue reaches maturity (maximum softening and fading and stretching) at 7 months post-op, but this is a bell-shaped distribution that means some patients might have "complete" healing and scar maturation in 3-4 months, and other may take 10-12 months or more.

Your breasts look fabulous in every position, and if you are not happy now (you should be), they will only improve a bit more as the months go by. Avoid sun exposure on your periareolar scars (including tanning bed) to prevent them turning brown, and wear a supportive bra to prevent excessive drop. You will look even better in a few months, but look great right now. Relax and sing your surgeon's praises!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon