Will my Implants Drop Lower?

I went from 280 water bags on top of the muscle to 450 gel under the muscle .The new bags look a bit high and the packets under are empty.Will they drop with time?

Will my Breast Implants Drop Lower?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. Depending on the pocket dissection performed by your plastic surgeon, the breast implants may or may not “drop” with time. Generally speaking, breast implants placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position do tend to settle over the course of the first several months.

Again, much will depend on exactly how/where the breast implant pockets were dissected during your revisionary surgery; therefore, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to predicting the final position of the breast implants.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Settling of breast implants that are too high - Los Angeles

+1

These implants should settle with time, but I advise my patients to actively massage to expedite and refine the process. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Going from over to under with bigger implants may need more time to settle.

+1

It would have been helpful to mention how long you are postop, since that would be an important predictor for this to improve.  The lower muscle tends to stretch after the upper muscle causing them to look high.  The implant can't be compressed, so the upper half bulges.  I call it the "seesaw effect."  Stretching your pectoralis muscles, especially the lower half, corrects this.  Your may need extra time if nothing was done with your old capsule over the muscle since that can also restrict the muscle from giving.  

Myles Goldflies, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Will implants drop

+1

Your implants will drop depending upon the type of exchange that was performed by your plastic surgeon.  If the inferior portion of the capsule was removed or a complete capsulectomy was performed then the implants may drop, if not then it is likely that they will stay the same.