Will my Implants Drop and Raise my Nipple at All? (photo)

Hi i had breast augmentation 7 yrs ago 750cc and had 2 child after so my breast were huge as you can see in the first pic. Couldn't take it anymore so i had a full lift done and smaller implants put in 8 days ago. My nipple's look kinda low, are they gonna raise a bit higher when the implants drop? I got 250cc filled to 300cc high profile under the muscle. There implantis really high right now so i hope they drop alot and my nipples raise up :/

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, it is quite common for breast implants to “settle” and for the nipple/areola complexes to “rise” during the first few months after surgery. Be patient and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Nipple position post implant settling

+1
Typically, the implants will settle over about 3-6 weeks, but this can take as long as 6 months. As the implants settle, the nipple position should rise some. Be patent at this stage and give nature and time to run it's course. If you are still unhappy with the appearance then you should speak with your surgeon about options to improve the look to your satisfaction, if possible.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Position After Breast Lift and Implant Exchange

+1

At this early point after surgery, it is too early to make any final judgments as to what may happen. Three to six months from now you will have your final answer. But given where you nipples are now, I would not be optimistic that any amount of implant settling will allow the nipples to move upward to the center of the breast mound. It is a very likely possibility that you may require a breast lift revision to make a noticeable change in your current nipple position. Usually after a breast lift the nipple should either be centered or just slightly below the center of the breast mound to have a good result.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Changing implant size and nipple position

+1

After a revision breast surgery the hardest thing sometimes is having to wait to see the final results.  The implant has to settle, the skin has to comply to the new size,  swelling has to subside  and the nipple will move relatively to its position over implant.  If after a few months you still have concerns then you my consider another revision to adjust nipple position higher or change implant size.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Results after a breast lift

+1

Hello Kimt,

I think that Dr. Rand said it best.  I would have also reduced you breast as well to achieve a rounder and more lifted appearance to the lower part of your breast that is still hanging.  I might also add that a 250 cc implant should not be sitting so high on your chest, and to my eye looks bigger than perhaps it is. 

I do hope that this works out well and you are satisfied.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Nipple position and lift and augmentation

+1

You have to give the breasts some time to heal and allow the implants to accomodate in the pocket. They may sit lower and the nipples may be in a better position at that time. Good luck.

Nipple positioning after breast lift

+1

Breast lifts are a common surgery women seek after having children.  The position of the nipple relative to the crease under the breast determines the degree of breast droop.  The medical term for this is ptosis.  Many things can cause ptosis but the commonality is long standing enlarged breasts followed by volume loss.  Examples of volume shifts that may cause ptosis include breast feeding, breast implants followed by removal, and massive weight loss.  There are roughly three surgical techniques to fix ptosis.  Each one is better for progressively more severe ptosis.  A small amount of ptosis can be fixed with surgery just around the nipple (periareolar).  Moderate amounts usually require a vertical lift ( scar around the nipple and down).  Severe ptosis usually requires a "standard" mastopexy or "wise pattern" the involves a scar around the nipple down and under the breast (anchor incision).

This patient appears to have a very early result and therefore it is impossible to judge at this stage.  Breasts can look very funny during the initial several weeks and still have a wonderful outcome.  She does not appear to have nipples that are too high which is really good as that is very difficult to fix and a common mistake.  Time will tell.

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Healing after breast lift and implant exchange

+1

The answer you will get from everyone is that you need to give this 4-6 months of healing to see where the nipples wind up.  At least they aren't too high (star gazing) because that is very hard to fix.  You can always raise them more if needed.

I must say honestly, that in my opinion they are much lower than if I had done the surgery.  Maybe your surgeon's technique leads them to do it this way so best to wait and see.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS