Will my Implants Drop After 9 Months? (photo)

I am 9 months post op and my implants seem to be sitting too high. Will they continue to drop after 9 months? Also my right nipple seems to be pointing downwards. My surgeon said to give it a year and as the implant drops, my nipple will rise. Is that correct?? I have too much upper pole fullness, what can I do to help them drop? I massage them regularly. Does massage make a difference and will the band help? I was a 34B before and I had 600ccs high profile silicone implants placed under the muscle.

Implants Usually Stable By Nine Months

+2

While implants tend to "ride high" immediately after surgery, they tend to assume their final position and shape after the first few months.  This is somewhat variable due to the native characteristics of your breast tissue.  By nine months you have probably achieved your final result.  While it is not possbile to be completely accurate without preop photos, your breast shape suggests that you may have had some combination of breast drooping and or tuberous breast before surgery.  Your choices include accepting this outcome or undergoing revisionary surgery.  The procedure depends on the problem you had preop.  Adjusting the implant and the inferior breast pole parenchymal tissue may help.  Some form of mastopexy to adjust the nipple position is also a possibility, although more remote.  Have a thorough discussion with your surgeon about your feelings.  Best of luck!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

9 months

+1
At this point it would not make much sense for your implants to continue to drop, see your surgeon and consider revision surgery

Implants high after 9 months

+1

You are likely at you r final result. Most changes occur in the first three months. Speak with your plastic surgeon and follow his/ her advice.

Most likely no.

+1

Dear Caroline - high riding implants after sub- muscular augmentation is fairly common and can be readily treated by a minor revision.  Although some implants can take months to drop, I doubt yours will drop any further.

9 Months Postop - Will Implants Drop?

+1

Although the implants selected were very large, the longest I have ever seen implants take to drop is about 4 months.  I would say that after 9 months, they are where they will be.  I would say that the pocket is probably OK and the augmentation was well done, you just need a small lift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

Breast implants settled.

+1

Hello and thanks for your question. At 9 months since surgery, most of the healing has occurred, but the areola and nipple still seem to be low. Perhaps it is time to discuss this with your PS other options you might have to improve the situation. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

These likely won't drop further

+1

600 cc implants are quite large and wide, and you have a short distance from your nipples to the crease beneath your breasts, which means the implants don't have space in which to fall.  They may need to be surgically lowered, which is a simple procedure with little recovery.  Talk to your surgeon at the one year mark.  Best wishes.

Will my Implants Drop After 9 Months?

+1

The posted photos of post operative 9 months is a FINAL positioned result. Sorry. You need revision now. 

Implant changes 9 months after surgery

+1

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It is unlikely that there will be a significant change in your breasts 9 months after surgery.  Even if there is some change, it is unlikely to be significant enough to make a big difference.  You will likely need a revision of your pocket.  Make sure you communicate your goals well with your surgeon.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.settyplastics.com/breast-procedures-mckinney/breast-implant-revision/

Post op

+1

You will not change much after this time. The skin may stretch a little. I think the upper pole fullness you are addressing is because the implants are too large for your chest frame. I would also change the profile to a moderate plus profile.