Are my implants too close together? Is there a massage I can do to help it soften and have a bigger space inbetween? (Photo)

I am not wearing a push up with this bikini but the breast still hold close together can this be fixed though time and massage? I don't want to go thru another surgery. Are my implants too close together,. Is there a type of massage I can do to help it more soft and have a bigger space in between? I got high profile silicones 500cc right and left 450cc in 9/2013 and I feel like it's too close together. I attached a picture and I am not wearing a push-up. I am 5'5 145lbs with an athletic type body with broad swimmers shoulders. The doctor recommended for me to get 425/450cc but I went a little bigger. Is this a case of symmastia or with time and massage It will develop a little gap? I don't want a big gap but I want to to look as natural as possible. I know that it's not bread loafing so it's not severe thx

Implants too close together

+2
Thanks for  your photos and question. However it is hard to make a judgment without examining you.
Here are my suggestions.
I would ask you surgeon if he has any suggestions;
Wearing a "throng bra" may help.
Trying to push them to the side and if your surgeon is ok, not wearing a bra for a while may help as well.
If you continue to be concerned there are surgical options available.

Dr. Sajjadian

Implants too close together

+1
I would see your plastic surgeon to get fitted for a garment that can help separate the breasts.  If this doesn't help you may need a revision.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Implants close together

+1
Thank you for your breast implant question.
  • You look like a small woman with large implants.
  • Yes, they are close together.
  • Is this the way they have always been? If so, the situation is stable and nothing needs to be done.
  • If they are slowly moving inward, then they are likely to end up sitting on the breast bone touching,
  • Call your plastic surgeon and discuss what you can do, e.g. no bra or a separating (thong) bra.
  • I would not massage as it may move them inward not outward. 
  • If the implants continue to move inward, you will need surgery to correct this. best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Breast implants too close together

+1
Of course it is best that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

However your breast implants to look very close together.  Avoiding  wearing a bra may help and wearing a special "Thong" bra may help.

Please understand that the natural history of breast implants is that the capsular pocket constricts and becomes smaller and the implants tend to spread with time.

However if you are more than 3 months postoperatively it is unlikely that this problem will be corrected with time and you may need a surgical revision.  It is important to discuss this with your plastic surgeon and not rely on the Internet advice.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Implant placement

+1
It is hard to tell with you wearing the bra.  However, most women have the opposite concern. That is they don't want a wide gap between the implants.  It varies considerably from case to case, but for many women, their goal is to have the implants close together such as in your situation.  I would not recommend further surgery in your case.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implant malplacement and treatment

+1
implant malplacement and treatment
if this is still within 2 months,  consider massage,, no bra and wearing something between the breast to push then apart may help

singulair. special straps  all may help

surgery is the last step

Are my implants too close together? Is there a massage I can do to help it soften and have a bigger space inbetween?

+1
If this look is a result of surgery and was not present preoperatively, then it cannot be fixed. If it is a result of surgery then it can be corrected with another surgical procedure. Massage is of no benefit.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Synmastia

+1
The implants appear quite  close but photos out of the bra and an exam are needed to answer your question.

Are the implants above or under the muscle is also an important piece of information to share. Typically the muscle prevents the implants from crossing the midline. If the implants cross the midline the condition is called synmastia. This will require a surgical correction.

Have you addressed your concerns with your surgeon?

If so and you did not get a satisfactory response seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and render an opinion.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast Cleavage

+1
It appears that your implants are close together in the midline although the bra may contribute to the appearance.  Massage will not correct this problem.  If you wish to improve the appearance you will most likely need surgery.  I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon to see if you're a good candidate for surgery.

Eugene Kim, MD

Too close

+1
Thank you for the photo but it would be more helpful without a top.  That said your implants do appear to be encroaching on the midline and cannot be improved with message.  You may require surgery but obviously an exam is needed.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon