Why are my implants bulging out on sides? (photos)

I had breast lift and silicone implants placed under the muscle 6 weeks ago. I feel as if my left breast is bulging out on the side and it is very hard. My right is softer and I can move it around. I went to see my doc 8 days ago and he prescribed sigulair and gave me a compression band to soften and lower my implants. Will my implants move inward and fill the saggy skin in?

Breast implants bulging out at size after lift and augmentation

+1
I do see the lateral bulge of your breast implants.

While and excessive lateral pocket dissection is part of the problem the other issue is that the breast is hanging down off of the implant even after a lift.

Either your breast implant needs to fall and migrate downward over the next 2-3 months or your breast lift may need revision to lift the breast up onto the implant at which time the breast pocket can also be made smaller by closing it laterally and thus pushing the implant more towards the cleavage area

It possible the shape will improve

+1
and its also possible that it may not.  Still best to follow your surgeon's advice and hope for the best and realize that revisions can always correct concerns you may have.

Curtis Wong, MD

Bulging implant laterally

+1
If your implant is bulging laterally it may mean that the pocket is too open laterally. Hard to say without an exam. It is also a bit early, and things settle a bit over a few months.

Your appearance will improve as your postoperative swelling resolves

+1
Hi jmk8740.  After looking at your pictures, I think your breast shape will improve with time as the swelling resolves.  My guess is that your doctor is giving you good advice, and that you will be very satisfied with the results of your surgery.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Why are my implants bulging out on sides?

+1
Very very poorly done surgery is my guess without an in person examination and review of the operative reports...