I had BA 13 yrs ago, 320 & 350's (ish) with creases nicely on the fold. Are my Implants Bottoming Out? (photo)

I had BA 13 yrs ago, 320 & 350's (ish) with creases nicely on the fold. I recently had BA (with a 3 year gap) and smaller implants (225 & 250) ish. They were not even prior to surgery (my right being smaller hence bigger implant on that side. I asked for low setting as I wanted a natural look but am worried they are bottoming out. Dr used the same cavatiy from before (under muscle) as it was still open. I can feel the implants below my natural breast. Could it have been too big to use?

Low Implants Post BA

+1

Hello, thank you for the question.

I think the general shape is acceptable, howevere i totally agree with you that they look  a bit low and the the nipples are not naturally centered. As we dont have the pre operational pictures and the surgery details, we can just speculate what would be the reason, Here where your surgeon should help you.

In my opinion the pockets of the implants look are low, which can be corrected in revisionary surgery, with questional need for mastpexy can be decided only with prper examination.

Good Luck

UAE Plastic Surgeon

Low breast implants after size reduction

+1

It is difficult to say the implants are 'bottomed out', which means below the natural fold, or the pocket is full and the smaller implant produces a point of projection below the nipple. The distance nipple to fold is long and the implant sits low causing the nipple to look upward. The pocket can be revised to hold the implant up front and center behind the nipple, and next time you ask for the low setting, specify the implant profile.

Breast revision

+1

It is common to feel the implants along the lower pole. As for the position, the breasts loook a bit low.  If you want them higher, then a lift is required.

Are my Implants Bottoming Out?

+1

As other expert posters have stated before the revision photo would be extremely helpful. By going smaller the gravity effect causes a pseudo bottoming out. Best to think about inferior capsularraphy or acellular dermal matrix sling. Follow up would be nice. 

Are my Implants Bottoming Out?

+1

Bottoming out implies a changing position of the breast implants, and without photos from earlier on it would be hard to make that diagnosis.

The implants may be considered a bit low in that a lot of breast skin is visible under the nipple and areola. The cause of this may be the use of smaller implants in what was a larger pocket, and not an active process of bottoming out. That is actually better, since it is stable and not an ongoing and worsening process.

These could be altered by closing off the lower part of the pocket surgically, but if you have the look you like, I would say you have a nice result and I would suggest changing anything. Thanks for the question, and best wishes. 

Hello

+1

From your pictures it looks like you got what you wanted, natural results. If you not happy with your results you can see your PS and have him help you with the placement of your implants.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Bottoming out

+1

A pre revision photo would be helpful.  Your breasts have a lot of lower pole fullness that may be related to using smaller implants without closing a portion of the lower pocket and raising the fold at your revision.  If you want a better shape with a higher fold, you will need to have another procedure to raise the fold.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Side photos would be ideal but yes, implant seems to be a little too low.

+1

A side photo would be more accurate to decide on "bottoming out" but the photos that you have provided do seem to indicate that the implants may be a little too low.  Repair of the pocket can be performed and this can be a relatively straightforward procedure in experienced hands.  Below I have included a link to one of my patients before and after photos that had a significant pocket repair performed.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Implants bottoming out

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. The pictures do show bottoming out. However, not sure what you are concerned about. If you want the bottoming out corrected, then this can be done with internal sutures ( capsulloraphy). The same size implants or smaller implant can be used. You need to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD