I am one year post lift with 350 CC smooth round implants. Are my Implants Bottoming Out? (photo)

I am one year post lift with 350 CC smooth round implants. I am not happy with my scars as well as I think left has bottomed out and the right is too tight and flat near scar tissue. There is a lumpy, rippling feel under my left implant and when I lay flat it falls to the side and I am left with what feels like a hollow pocket on the inner side of the left breast's incision. Below are just some photos, I didnt have enough space to show the photo with the hollowed out pocket feeling.

Are my Implants Bottoming Out?

+1

Several possibilities, that are hard to sort out on photos alone, easier on exam. 

The right side (left if these photos are taken in a mirror) seems to have a greater areola to fold distance, and this can be corrected by excising more skin in the breast fold line, creating balance with the other side. 

The other breast seems to be bottoming out. 

A revision on both sides to reinforce the breast folds and remove the excess on the right (?) side. Using Strattice over the implant may lessen the rippling, but that is quite common in the pose shown in the photo.

All the best. Thanks for your question, and for the posted photos.  

Breast Augmentation

+1

It does appear that your right breast has bottomed out as the implant settled.  It is possible that surgery to re-establish the fold under the breast may help this.  As for the wrinkling, the areas you are showing (lower outer breast quadrant) is a common place where the breast tissue and fat is thinner and where muscle is not present.  This is a common area for wrinling and can be expected in trim patients.  This may no be easy to alleviate even with further surgery.  A consult with a board certified plastic surgeon can help you make some decisions. I hope this information is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Breast Implants At 1 Year Post Op

+1

Thank you for posting your photos but they could not replace a physical examination.

Nonetheless, your right breast bottomed out whereas your left one may require some surgical revision that you could decide on doing since you are 1 year post surgery and you should have accomplished a complete recovery by now.

I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience to guide you and help you make a well informed decision.

Best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Are my Implants Bottoming Out? (photo) ANS:

+1

I think your side view pics are the most revealing..it does look like your implant has bottomed out a bit and has caused your nipple to point up. It is not uncommon in a lift to have implants do this when not kept completely under the muscle and that hollow area you feel and see is thin tissue. If it is too bothersome to you there may be the need for more surgery.....

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Are my Implants Bottoming Out?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos YES there are some issues to be noted but in person examinations are in order. Seek opinions from boarded PSs in your city for additional surgery to correct. 

Botoming out

+1

The implant looks like it may have bottomed out a bit. This may require skin envelope tightening.  For palpability strattice may help.

Are implants bottomed out

+1

Though we cannot tell exactly from your photo, we tend to feel that the implant might be fine, and the trouble is that the nipple after the lift is too high. The skin envelope is uneven left to right, and a revision of the mastopexy, pulling the nipple down somwhat over the implant will help correct the upward tilt.

Bottoming out

+1

Either your implant is bottoming out or you need to reduce the breast volume on the right. Your implants have shifted in both cases. Depending upon how long ago your surgery was, a revision should be fairly easy for most Board Certified Plastic Surgeons. Good luck

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Implants bottoming out

+1

It looks like your right implant has bottomed out somewhat and caused your nipple to point up.  Your description of your other breast suggests lateral displacement where the implant may fall too far laterally when you lie down.i would suggest you see your plastic surgeon about your concerns and options.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon