My implant will not stay lifted and has flatten out like most of the gel is at the bottom of the implant?

My surgeon has said that I may need a tissue expander under the muscle and then put a new implant in and that it still may flatten on the front. I am confused?

Front of Implant Flattened

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said you need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon who can assess your outcome and explain your options. It is very important that you fully understand what your plastic surgeon is recommending. If you are still unclear, make sure you communicate this to your surgeon so that your options can be presented in a different way.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Breast Augmentation

+1

I don't quite understand what you're describing. You need to post a photo for us to be able to help you.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Flattened implant

+1

Hi there, It sounds like you have a more complex issue going on with your breasts. It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing a photo of your chest. If you don't trust or understand what your surgeon is saying, consider seeing another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a second opinion. Good Luck!

Holly Casey Wall, MD, FACS
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon