My Implant Size Was 290 and They Were Filled Each with 320cc's. is This Ok?

I just had surgery two days ago and I would like to better understand why the implant size was 290 and they were filled with 320cc each. Is this ok. I am happy with the size so far even though I know it takes time to get the final results, I just would like to know if they are going to be normal feeling, firm, hard or ... i know this is crazy but going to pop.

Implant overfilled

+1
It is common practice to overfilled saline implants about 10% or around 25 to 30ccs. Overfilling is also recommended by the implant manufacturers. Overfilling helps to decrease wrinkles and ripples in the implant. The implants will soften and feel much more natural in a few more weeks. Good luck!

10% Overfill of saline breast implants is recommended

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not only normal to overfill saline implants by about 10%, it is actually recommended by both manufacturers of implants in the US, Allergan and Mentor. Underfilling breast implants increases the risk of rippling and rupture. This slight overfill of the implants does not increase the risk of them 'popping' and does not make them harder to any significant degree.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant and fill

+1

The recommended fill for a 290 cc implants may very well be 320.  You can check with the manufacturer. If so, then this is fine. It is dificult to tell you how they will feel becaue it depends upon your soft tissue coverage as well.

Breast Implant and Filling Volume?

+1

It sounds like your breast implants were appropriately filled.  The breast implant manufacturers recommend that breast implants be filled to a certain volume;  in your case a 290 mL implant filled to 320 mL will fall within the breast implant manufacturer recommendation. This filling  of implants will help decrease chances of breast implant rippling and improve your results. It does not make the implant more susceptible to “popping”.