Why Does my Implant Not Fill out my Right Side Cleavage? (photo)

I'm 4 days PO, and whilst i understand it's still very early days, im extremely concerned about the implant placement and/or pocket shape at the upper inner part (cleavage area) of my right breast (left on the pics). I've followed the outline of both breasts with pencil to show the disfigured shape of my right breast at the upper/inner/cleavage area. ... Rather than curving round, it caves in. Theres no fullness there. The implant doesnt fill the upper inner area, it feels loose and saggy there

What happens with your breasts when you lie on your back?

+1

I can see what you are concerned about in these photos, but the real question that I have is what happens with your breasts when you lie on your back?

I will bet from your photos of you standing upright that your right breast falls laterally towards your armpit more than your left breast.  If this is the case it is because the pocket has opened up laterally and is allowing the implant to fall laterally and therefore you are lacking the fullness superiorly.

Talk to your plastic surgeon about trying to  prevent the implant from falling laterally.  Sometimes taping the skin tightly or wearing an underwire bra can help resist this from shifting further.

In my Salt Lake City, UT plastic surgery practice I perform augmentation and mastopexy (lifts) at the same time routinely.  You need to make sure that your plastic surgeon is familiar with combining these procedures and the unique problems it sometimes poses.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Early post-op differences are not necessarily a problem!

+1

As all of my colleagues will tell you, 4 days post-op is much too early to try to assess differences that will likely be transient as healing, settling, and softening of scar tissue occurs. Particularly when there has been prior breast lift or reduction surgery (old scars evident in your photos). I'm NOT saying this will be "fine," I'm saying it's much too early to say it's a "problem."

Even if this were to become a permanent asymmetry (and there's no way to tell that now), re-operation at this point is not advised since your surgeon would be trying to improve upon an already-moving, still-changing target. Premature re-operation is highly inadvisable as it is quite likely to cause an even greater asymmetry! I would not consider re-operation for a minimum of 3 months, and 6 would be better.

Be patient for now and communicate your concerns to your surgeon, who should tell you to be patient also. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

All breasts are a bit asymmetric.  It also looks like from the photos that you had either a breast reduction or a lift in the  past. This may also impact the final result.  Give it time, it is a bit too soon to see the final result.

Breasts Implant Asymmetry Concerns?

+1

Thank you for the question in pictures.

You are correct in that,  given that you're only a few days out of surgery,  it is much too early to evaluate the results  (including symmetry) of the breasts.  It is very likely that both breast implants  will change significantly over the course of the next few weeks/months.

Therefore, it is much too early to be “extremely concerned” about any aspect of the results of your operation. I would suggest that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon to communicate questions and concerns. Patience  will be necessary to allow for resolution of swelling,  “settling" of breast implants  etc. to occur prior to evaluating the results of surgery.