Should I Have my Implant 150cc -200cc Placed for Upper Pole Fullness or Will It Fill Up More over Time? (photo)

I had a full lift and 330cc implant to my original saggier 34DD breast back in Nov. 7th...I was unhappy after surgery due to them being too big with implant and then decided to have it removed n possible smaller implant later in in its place eventually. I just had my deflated 330cc saline. Implant removed and my lift revised cut underneath. February 20th 2013o at I could possibly get my smaller implant in in end of April or May. Doing this would be my third surgery :-(.....What do u think I should do?

Best Breast Implant Size for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You will find, that your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you about the breast implant size/profile that will most likely help achieve your goals. 

Therefore, it will be very important to communicate your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon  carefully. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “upper pole fullness” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

3rd revision in 3 months?

+1

There seem to be too many impulsive decisions. Stop, let this heal, reevaluate in 6 months. Otherwise I fear I will be answering about removing the 150 cc implant next month!

Patience, then regroup and discuss what if anything you want different. All the best. 

3rd breast augmentation in a few months.

+1

Thanks for your question.  Sorry that you are not happy with things at this point.  I would strongly suggest that you wait and give things time to heal.  Multiple surgeries may work but they can set you up for unpredictable healing and worse problems moving forward.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

3rd Implant Surgery in a Few Months

+1

I would wait a few months to let everything heal, the implants settle, and the skin envelope relax.  At that point, better decisions can be made with regard to the size of implants.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

When should I have my implants replaced?

+1

You should wait several months (at least 6 after your last surgery) to let everything heal well, settle down, and all swelling resolve.  You appear to have a nice result from your breast lift. Once there is no more swelling and your breasts have done any settling they will do, you will better be able to assess whether you definitely want implants and what size you would desire. Best advice, unless you want to have more surgeries than necessary, is to slow down and give this some time.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Third breast procedure?

+1

I think that you should allow things to heal for a while.  Take a deep breath and give it time to settle a bit before deciding upon further surgery.

Contemplating a Third Breast Reshaping Surgery

+1

I would suggest that you slow down and let your breasts heal and relax for at least 3 to 6 months before deciding whether you really want implants and what size they should be. Whether you have had implants in or out, it has never been more than a few months either way. You need to let the tissues settle and give yourself time to see how they look and how you feel about them.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast augmentation and lift revision

+1

Hello 'keri26', thanks for your question.  Breasts, as with everything else, gradually lose their youthful perkiness and start to sag with age.  As a result, upper pole fullness will only diminish, and not improve, with time.  The only way to achieve upper pole fullness is with the help of breast implants.  Thus, if that is an important aspect for you to have, it can only be obtained with placement of implants.  However, please be aware that upper pole fullness does not happen normally in nature, and the larger the implant, the more 'fake' the breasts will look.  Some women really like this 'fake' look, and in certain areas, such as southern California, it is very popular.  Either way, I recommend not rushing into each revision, and allowing at least 6 months to let things 'settle' before re-evaluating the need for a revision.  Each surgery can worsen scarring and affect vascularity to the breast tissue.  Thus, you must weigh the pros and cons of each procedure to see if it is worth the risks.  Your postop photos look fine, so I would not rush into anything.  Good luck! -Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Playing ping pong with breast implants

+1

Your process is going a bit crazy right now.  I'd suggest you slow it down and wait for a few months before jumping back and replacing the implants.  Proper sizing will be easier once all the swelling is gone.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS