Are These Results For My Nose Realistic? (photo)

I Really Dislike My Current Nose, I have photo shopped my Ideal nose on the image on the right. Are My Results too Drastic? Or are they Attainable? What Procedures would have to be done? Lastly what is the minimum age for teen male rhinoplasty With and Without parental consent? ( I do have parental Consent, Just curious)

Rhinoplasty results

+1

Your picture of what you want your nose to look like is definitely in the right track, but your actual result may not look precisely like that.  But your nose can certainly be improved by refining the tip and narrowing your nostrils.  It may not be possible to narrow your nose quite as much as you show in the photos.

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

The overall  Reduction in  the width of the bridge is certainly obtainable in  the photo-shopped results.    The width of the  Nostrils is close to being attainable. The  width  of the tip is unobtainable and the  downward rotation of the tip that to that degree is unobtainable

Is this realistic?

+1

It does appear realistic with the exception of the tip width. Depending on how thick your skin is you may not be able to achieve that amount of narrowing. You should be able to get the nostril width reduction. You are also showing adding some length and possible height. These are doable but not routine maneuvers so you need to find someone with a lot of rhinoplasty experience. You are able to sign your own consent at 18. you need to be sure you have completed your bone growth before surgery. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results Realistic

+1

I think the nostrils can be reduced as well as the tip and the apparent dorsal length can be increased.  I am not sure that the nasal tip can be reduced to the size in your postoperative picture as skin thickness and individual healing characteristics are always at play.  You need to be 18 to have the surgery without your parents' consent.  You should wait until you have stopped growing for at least one full year so that the rhinoplasty is not performed prematurely.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Hey, that's some nice Photoshop... you're going to put me out of work!  

It looks like you've narrowed the nostrils (alar base resection), augmented the dorsum (dorsal graft), and diminished tip size.  A profile view would help, but the changes you have simulated are all routine elements of rhinoplasty procedure for your type of nose.  Because nasal growth in the male is not complete until age 18 or thereabouts, I would wait until at least that age.  Your results are NOT drastic, and they ARE attainable.  Find a good surgeon in your area, this is important.  

Steve Laverson, MD