If my Husband Lies on Top of Me and His Weight Squashes my Breasts Down, Might my Implants Burst?

If my husband lies on top of me and his weight squashes my breasts down, might my implants burst?

Breast Implant Rupture from Blunt Trauma?

+1

Blunt force trauma hardly ever ruptures a breast implant.  Usually, a sharp object would have to cause this.  At some point, the implant shell weakens through the years and is more capable of being ruptured.       

Weight

+1

it is pretty hard to break these implants with any kind of weight or pressure. they should not break!!

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Effect of the misssionary position on breast implants

+1
Breast implants are designed to withstand much more pressure than that! However, if you have just undergone surgery, you may want to consider alternatives until you have healed more and are more comfortable with this. Enjoy!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Depends on how much he weighs

+1

Your husband will likely crush your ribcage before he is able to pop your implants. Implants will not break from this. Don't worry.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Worried about bursting...

+1

Fortunately, the answer is that you don't have to worry.  The implants are designed to tolerate the activities of life - they should be perfectly fine, even if your husband lies on top of you.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Husband Rupture my Breast Implants?

+1

No, ( although I cannot make any promises) generally it would take significantly more force than your husband's weight to cause breast implant rupture.  Be careful however to avoid this amount of weight if you are early out from your breast augmentation surgery.