What Can I Do About my Hollow and Droopy Eyes/brows? (photo)

Hello, I am 22 but my eye area makes me look so much older. As you can see, on my left eye I have a really strange piece of skin that curves around my tear trough as well as hollow tear troughs. I'm not even sure what the heck that is??? It makes my eye feel heavier! I really just want to get rid of it and all the excess skin around my eye and lift my brow. What procedures would you all suggest for me? I want a more feminine/younger look.

Hollow and droopy eyes and brows

+1

There is an inherent unpredictability in all surgery, so you need to be cautious about looking for surgical solutions to minor asymmetries.  You do have a degree of ptosis of the upper eyelids, slightly greater on the right side, but I think the photographs may overstate the case.  Eyes really have to be evaluated in motion.  Also some of the most beautiful eyes in history had mild degrees of ptosis.  Probably best to leave well enough alone.  Perhaps a very judicious injection of filler to the tear trough might help.

Tear trough

+1

Based on your pictures, you have very mild droop (ptosis) of the upper lids; mild enough that it is an attractive feature that I would not recommend doing anything about.

Your tear troughs - the hollow between your inner cheek and eyelid - is somewhat prominent, and can contribute to the "tired" look.  I have had excellent results using a small amount of filler (I prefer Juvederm) in this area, which will smooth this transition and eliminate the tear trough.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Age for plastic surgery

+1

Your concern is not to be dismissed just because you are young!  Please see an experienced  plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  You may be dismissed as a non operative candidate.  However, the worry you have over this maybe alleviated for the right reasons!  You can plan ahead. 

H. Michael Roark, MD

Eyelids

+1

One of your eyes is a little different than the other however I would not do any procedure at this time. You do not look any older than your age and there is no hollowness. I would say that when you are around 35 to 40 years old you may want to consider surgically correcting them at that point. The reason I suggest waiting is because you will have naturally aged and will have more changes and at that point it would be more than likely beneficial to have a surgical correction. At that time I would schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Ocular Plastic Surgeon.

David Alessi, MD

Ptosis and hollow upper eyelids

+1

You don't have droopy eyebrows.  You have two other problems:  1) droopy upper eyelids (ptosis) and 2) hollow upper eyelids.  Upper eyelid ptosis surgery will elevate your upper eyelids (and also fill in the hollowness somewhat), which is what I would recommend initially.  You may also benefit from filler/fat injection at a later time.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hollow and droopy eyelids in the young woman.

+1

Hollow and droopy eyelids in the young woman are more what you are seeing than what is there. Please leave your lovely eyes alone! You can always find a greedy doctor to do something to you!