My Head is Spinning from All the Options Ha? Breast Augmentation for 125lb, 5'3, B Cup?

I am 125 lb. 5'3 with smaller 34B cup breasts. I have been seriously considering getting breast implants to say the least. I am doing it for me and only me! I want to fill out my clothes better, and I would like to be an hourglass shape, rather than a pear shape. I have looked at before and after pictures, I know all of the different options for breast implants, but I'm just not sure what will be best for me. I want to be a very natural 34C, so only one size increase. Thank you for your help :)

Simultaneous lift may be needed

+1

At size 34 B each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  A small implant of only 100 cc's would take you to the next size.  However, you desire an hourglass shape rather than a pear shape.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs or a description of your breasts.  You may benefit from a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to place the implant, reshape your breast creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will give maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

What size breast Implants??

+1

The best way to pick the "right" size for you is to chose a surgeon who has the most experience and expertise with breast surgery. Once you have chosen your surgeon, he or she will guide you through the process and together you will reach  a decision that will be perfect for you! Best Wishes.

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Best Options For Breast Augmentation

+1

Considering your height and weight a "C" would be about perfect.  I try to gauge the degree of breast augmentation needed by asking.  If you are on a date with 3 other couples, after your augmentation,  would you prefer the men to think.  1. Well she obviously had her breast enlarged or 2. She looks great, must be working out or is her hair style different.  Most of my patients prefer the second scenario.  My approach to breast augmentation has changed drastically over the past 2 years. I feel the saline and traditional silicone gel implant will be obsolete in the near future.  My current approach for a 5ft.3",125lb patient with a preop B cup,such as yourself would be.

1. Subpectoral Placement of a Moderate Profile, High Tension Gel Implant
  2. Implant size: 300-350 cc's

Good Luck

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

The surgeon is the expert

+1

The internat is great for research but for planning a procedure yuo need a good surgeon. They can distil down the good and the bad and stear yuo down the right path. If I build a house I let the builder pick the materials and that is best way to approach surgery,  leave it to the experts to deliver the result yuo are after

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

I prefer smooth implants, gel or saline. I have a preferance for saline implants in patients with a moderate amt. of breast tissue. They have to be filled to near capacity to cut down on any wrinkling of the shell post-op. Capsule formation is under 5% and follow-up care is straight forward with mammograms. Gel implants have a very nice texture, especially in the slender patient. They require a larger incision, and have a slightly higher capsule rate in my experience. Follow-up care is more difficult requiring M.R.I.s to evaluate the implants, to be sure they are intact.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation anxiety

+1

Breast augmentation anxiety is very normal.  This is an operation that has lifetime implications and you want to do it once, do it right  and not have to do it over again.  See an experienced skilled plastic surgeon who can explain the operation to you and make suggestions about an objective range for implant size so that you can accomplish your goals.  I use a Vectra 3 D imaging system which takes most of the guess work out of implant selection and size.  

Breast Implant Options #breastimplants

+1

Well it would not be normal if your head was not spinning. What will help you the most is to go seek out a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon. At that visit you will need to communicate your goals and try on implants. A well experienced surgeon will be able to make your head not spin and narrow the options that are best for you. Be very careful when you use terms such as natural because natural means something different for everyone. Focus on the look you want and let your qualified surgeon help you figure out the rest. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Getting started with breast augmentation

+1

It is very easy to get confused about implant options, though the real issue is how you wish to look. Filling out your clothes better is a small start, but you will have to get serious about how full you wish to be and how you wish to look. You might buy the bra you hope to wear, pad it out and give it try. If the range is right let a well qualified plastic surgeon see you and let the "implant" be his problem and not yours. The number you will forget, the look you will see every day.

Breast implant decision

+1

As you have stated, selection of the right implant for your goals is a difficult decision.  It is a process but with proper guidance and expectations very achievable.  Attention must be given not only to size of implant but the shape of the breast.  With standard implant sizing (trying on implants) one can get a good idea of what implant size fits your goals.  Taking it to the next level, 3D imaging can help visualize the size and shape with a given implant on your body.

York Yates MD, Utah

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Issues concerning breast augmentation will be thoroughly discussed with a competent plastic surgeon.

+1

It sounds like you will do quite well with a breast augmentation. Indeed there are many options and many opinions about performing the procedure. A well-trained plastic surgeon will explain the options and will deliver a good result.