Thin Hair From Braids and Weaves. How Can I Thicken it?

Had braids and weaves for year and used to have bald patches around my temples but it always grew back. I stopped pulling on my hair and weave and am using tricologic and minixedol 2% for a month now and I can see improvement, but now i noticed I have very thin hair and it's not getting better. How can I make my hair thick again?

Reversing Traction Alopecia

+1

Traction alopecia may be reversible with Rogaine when it is caught in the early stages. However, over a number of years, the abrasive pulling from braids and weaves causes trauma and scarring to the scalp. This damage is permanent. In order to thicken your hair again you will likely need hair transplant.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair Transplant for Adding Density

+1

If your traction alopecia has improved with one month of minoxidil you may want to give it a longer trial.  If you are not getting the fullness or density that you want consider transplant.  This is a great option that is long lasting.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thickening hair after traction alopecia.

+1

Thickening hair after traction alopecia can be done with hair transplants to give more hair per square inch. The hair is taken from the back of the head and transferred to the front temples.