Once I Take my Gynecomastia Vest Off, My Puffy Nipples Come Back. Reasons?

The length of time that you need to wear a garment after gynecomastia surgery

+1
The length of time that you need to wear a garment after gynecomastia surgery depends upon how much work was done and the degree of redundant breast tissue and skin that you have. This is a question best answered by your plastic surgeon.

Remaining breast tissue or glandular tissue may be causing puffy nipples

+1

This is probably due to breast tissue or glandular tissue that is left behind.  Typically this tissue resides just underneath the nipple.  This may require either aggressive liposuction or a small incision is placed between the areola and the skin and the glandular tissue is directly resected. 

I would also wait for the swelling to go down from your previous gynecomastia surgery and would not consider any revisions until you are at least 3 to 4 months out from your original gynecomastia surgery. 

Congratulations on your surgery and good luck.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

If takes 6-9 months for the swelling to subside, wearing the compression garment helps with that, but when you take it off and returns that is very normal.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS