My Gums Are Sensitive, and I Can See White Spots on my Gums After Using 3D White Intensive Professional Effects?

This is my third day of using 3D White, and I have four more days. Should I take a small break before continuing?

Bleaching Trays and White Spots on Gums

+1

Yes take a break until all of the white spot are gone. They are a result of the bleach spilling over from the trays onto the soft tissue. Either you need to have better fitting trays or put less bleach in them so it does not spill over. The white spots are burns from the excess bleach.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Sensitive Gums After Whitening

+1

The white spots are areas where the bleach leaked through the trays and burned the tissues. Always make sure to wipe the excess bleach from the gums after inserting the trays. Your gums should heal in 3-4 days. Good luck.

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Gums are sensitive after whitening?

+1

Usually the white spots means that the gum have been burned, that a break to make sure the spots clear up usually that should happen in 3-5 days. Then check to make sure the bleaching agent doesn't not touch your gums or soft tissue good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD       CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

White Spots on Gum After Bleaching

+1

You have bleached your gums by either using too much material that leaked out of the trays or by using ill-fitting trays.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Bleached gums are a sign

+1

It is not permanent or damaging to bleach the gums, but it is a sign that the trays do not fit properly.  It is more comfortable and much more effective to have custom trays made.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

White spots gums post whitening

+1

White spots on gums after using a whitener product indicates your gums were in contact with the peroxide You should use a whitener that has protection for the gun tissue

Try IntelliWHITE with the protective bleach bumpers 

Jennifer Jablow, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist