How Would I Go About Getting my Guaged Ears Repaired?

I guaged my ears to an inch and three quarters. I ripped my left earlobe in an aqward position. I.live in Jacksonville Florida and its a big city. When Iook in the phonebook I dont even know where to start. Everyone i contact seems to tell me its a thousand or more to repair. I'm trying to either get my earlobes repaired to their original state, cut off all together, or have my torn earlobe reattached . Which ever is the best deal. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

Gauged Ear Lobe Repair

+1
  • Ear lobe repair after stretching or gauging of the ear lobes may be performed in a plastic surgeon's office using local anesthesia.  The post operative recovery is quite easy and not very painful.
  • Pricing often depends on how stretched the ear lobe is and how long the surgeon thinks the procedure will take to perform.
  • As the procedure is more complex to perform, the pricing is more expensive than the repair of simple torn ear lobes that can occur from wearing earrings in ear lobes that are not gauged.
  • For repair of both gauged ear lobes, pricing ranges from $500-$1000 depending on the size of the defect.
  • Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out more!

+1

This procedure is being performed with increasing frequency.  You should go the Plastic Surgery web site and find a board certified plastic surgeon that performs this procedure.  The usual cost is about 1000.00 for both ears.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Repair of Gauged Earlobes?

+1

This is a  frequently requested procedure recently.  It is generally performed under local anesthesia and can produce excellent results.
Generally, this procedure costs $500-1000 depending on the situation. Like any other procedure, the skill and experience level of the surgeon is important and complications may arise-seek consultation with a well-trained board-certified plastic surgeon.

You may find the attached link helpful to you.

Repair earlobeI

+1

I wish I could charge that much!  I usually charge about 250 per side.  It is a real simple fix for any plastic surgeon, so call around and I'm sure you can find a reasonable price.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Torn earlobes from gauges

+1

The fee will vary to repair the earlobe. It may cost $1000-1500 in some areas.  Good luck in Florida.

Repair of Gauged Earlobes More Complicated Than Usual

+1
Thank you for your question.  Repair of gauged earlobes is significantly more complicated than a torn earlobe from wearing ear rings.  Putting the tissues back together so that you have as normal an earlobe as possible requires special techniques. As such the cost will be higher than a standard earlobe repair.  Consult a board certified Plastic Surgeon for assistance with this problem. Good luck!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Repairing guaged earlobes or plugs

+1

repairing guaged earlobes or plugs

• this can be done under local
  • requires plastic surgery methods
  • needs to be reconstructed 
  • takes about 20 minutes per side

+1

The only option for earlobe repair is in office plastic surgery to reattach your lobes and close the gauge holes. Gauge repairs tend to be more expensive as they are much more complicated and take alot more work than a straight-forward torn earlobe repair. The price you mention is what is commonly charged in most offices though prices will vary by the surgeon's experience and the city you live in. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to go about getting ears repaired?

+1

I would try and find a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who has experience with repairing ears and earlobes to repair your ear issue.  The prices will most likely vary so you may have to look around a bit.  Getting the best deal does not necessarily mean you would get the best result, so I would focus more on trying to find a surgeon that you like that has experience in this type of repair. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon