How Can my Grossly Asymmetrical Nostrils Be Corrected? (photo)

Does this procedure need a specialized rhinoplasty surgeon and about how much would it cost? What's an ideal age for this procedure?

Asymmetric nostrils, age of surgery and costs involved

+1

The questions you ask are very important. In women, the facial skeleton and tissues are relatively stable to undergo surgery by the age of 16. For your specific condition it is important to seek the aid of a specialist - this is the most important component in you obtaining the results you desire. Specialization in ethnic patients is also of significance and should not be underestimated. the costs for this procedure vary from region to region and can range from 6-10K.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

Asymmetric nostrils

+1

You need someone with very specific skills and experience in this type of work. Seek several consultations.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty or Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to see an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon for a complete evaluation. If you have had previous surgery then a copy of your past operative report may be helpful for the consulting surgeon and preoperative photographs. The age of 16 is fine to have Rhinoplasty surgery. The cost will depend on the surgeon.

Michael Elam, MD

Treatment of Asymmetrical Nostrils

+1

The asymmetry of your nostrils can be improved by an experienced surgeon. Select a surgeon who does ethnic rhinoplasties and if you have had previous surgery it is best to find a surgeon who specializes in revision work.

Correcting Asymmetrical Nostrils

+1

Dear Elizabeth,

Being 16 or older, you should be fine undergoing a rhinoplasty based on a maturely developed nose.

According to you photos, if you have had some sort of a nasal surgery in the past then a corrective surgery is of a delicate nature and its cost can vary depending on multiple factors only clear upon physical examination.

I recommend that you seek consultations with board certified surgeons of ample experience who will guide to make a well informed decision.

Please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nostrils

+1

Yes the tissue between the nostrils need work.  Any previous surgery will affect your results and a thorough work-up is needed in person for pricing.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar base reduction.

+1

Your nostrils can be made more symmetrical but not perfect. It is hard to tell from your photos but it looks like you have had previous surgery and the cost will vary. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Very Asymmetric Nostrils

+1

Dear Elizabeth,

Rhinoplasty surgery can help improve the asymmetry of your nostrils. Surgery can be done after your nose is fully grown, which is generally around age 15 or 16. The cost will vary depending on a number of individual factors.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Asymmetric Nostrils

+1

Hi,

I assume you had a nostril narrowing procedure in the past. Its quite unusually to see this kind of asymmetry without previous surgery. This type of correction is difficult and you should find a surgeon that has handled this before. I assume it will cost in the range of $5000.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS