I want a smaller nose with refine look. Are my goals for rhinoplasty realistic/achievable? (photos)

I have photos below that I've made modifications to. I do not want a drastic change, like an upturned scoop nose. I just want my nose smaller and more refined, while still remaining straight. My cousin's nose it a good example, because it's straight but still feminine and more refined at the tip than mine. I realize refining it a lot may not be possible, however, if my nasal skin is thick.

Your rhinoplasty goals are reasonable and achievable in my opinion.

+2
You appear to have a moderately overprojected nose with a mildly ptotic tip. I cannot tell too much more from your photos, but I think your goals are realistic and achievable. I would recommend a consultation with computer imaging at that time. Seek out a board certified Facial Plastic surgeon who performs many rhinoplasties and has experience with this rewarding procedure.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want a smaller nose with refine look. Are my goals for rhinoplasty realistic/achievable?

+2
The areas that you have modified can be  improved  with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience. The altered photos are a starting point of a discussion between you and your plastic surgeon, but the ultimate results may not be exactly like the altered photos because of individual characteristics of healing.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Rhinoplasty Results for Shorter Nose

+2
Your rhinoplasty goals are just a bit unachieveable based on the amount of nasal tip shortening that you show. (the rest of the changes are) You may be able to get close to that result but do not be too disappointed if it does not end up quite that short. Such a result depends on what the skin does and thicker excessive skin may not shrink completely down to such a refined tip.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+2
Based on your photos, your goals are realistic. A feminine nose would be nice on that lovely face.  Consult with a highly experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Yes you are a good candidate

+1
even that your pictures do not show a frontal view, we can get a good idea of the problem and the results that you are looking for are realistic.
the only possible way I could give you a honest opinion is after a consultation.
Be sure to check the credentials of the plastic surgeon and is always a good idea to seek the opinion of various surgeons, when you find the right surgeon for you you will know it.
Good luck

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Smaller Nose With Refined Look

+1
The morphed results you submitted are realistic except that you will not be able to shorten the horizontal length of your nostrils (the anterior-posterior) distance as much as you have shown in these pictures. Your expectations are very natural.

Realistic results with rhinoplasty

+1
Dear bobinhood,

• Your expectations are very realistic and can be achieved with rhinoplasty
  • You should choose your surgeon carefully and pick a rhinoplasty specialist who performs a significant number of rhinoplasties with results that you like

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1
Thank you for your question.  You are asking for what we call a finesse rhinoplasty: a nose that is already pleasing and we want to make it more aesthetic.  It is possible, but somewhat challenging.  Just one word of advice, only work with an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who can show you many sample photos.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Can I Have A More Refined Nose?

+1
  Dear bobinhood,  Your photos are helpful and appreciated. I believe your goals are realistic and easily achieved by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. I wish you luck and a speedy recovery. Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Plastic candidate for hump removal and refinement

+1
The imaged photographs do appear very natural and obtainable with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. It appears that you have de-projected the nose,  lifted the tip slightly, refined the tip  and shaved down the dorsal hump. it is important to seek out  in examination and consultation with 3 experienced board-certified facial plastic surgeons who have extensive experience rhinoplasty