Are my goal photos realistic? (A cup possibly going with 339 mod-plus silicone) (Photo)

I recently had a breast implant consultation, and I decided on 339- moderate plus profile silicone. My breast width is 11.5, and the doctor noted that if I wanted to go any larger, I would need to change to the higher profile. I am incredibly indecisive, even w/the most trivial of decisions, so I would prefer to do a second sizing before making a final decision. I'm wondering if the attached goal photos seem realistic upon glance given my measurements? (I'm 30 yrs old, 5'7' and130 lbs.) Thanks!

Implant Selection

It would be very helpful to see your preoperative photos to determine what is realistic. In terms of sizing, it is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Sounds reasonable

A photo of yourself would have been helpful to give you a better answer. However the implant size you've selected sounds reasonable. 

Than you for the question, Silicone implants are approved for woman above the age of 22. If the size is chosen based on the individuals tissue characteristics the chance of having a great long term success is high!

Breast augmentation goals

Thank you for your question. It is very helpful to have a picture of where you are starting from to help determine what is adequate. Adding a 339cc moderate plus silicone implant is a very reasonable size and will likely place you into a C or D cup range, depending on your chest size and how much breast tissue you have. More information is needed, but with what you have presented, your surgeon is heading you in the right direction. Make sure to clearly state your goals to your surgeon and trust that they will help achieve them for you. Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Are my goal photos realistic?

You did not include photos of your own preop anatomy so no way to tell if your goal is realistic. If you have no droop, then the goal is probably realistic, but we cannot ever comment on specific implant sizes without an exam.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD