Why has my gastric band suddenly stopped working?

I had a band fitted in 2006, I have lost 80kg and maintained a weight of 60kg for the last four years. Two weeks ago my band stopped working! I have no resistance at all am am putting weight on rather quickly. I have tried contacting my surgeon but so far without as ny luck. Advice needed and also need to know what could be the problem!! HELP!

Gastric Band No Longer Working

+1

If suddenly you no longer have restriction when the band was previously working well you need to be checked for either a band erosion or check to see if the fluid has leaked out of the band. The best test for this is an endoscopy and you should also have an adjustment to see if all of the fluid is still in the band.

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon