Is my gap too big for tooth bonding? (photo)

need help!

No

+1
I've seen wider gaps corrected with bonding, so I would say that this is not too large to fix with bonding.  Just realize that it will make those two front teeth look wider and you may want to consider braces in order to get a more esthetic appearance.

Flint Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding will work for you, but consider....

+1
Bonding would definitely work for you in your case, but there are few things that you should keep in mind about bonding your two front teeth.

1)  Bonding will usually cost between $150 and $350, depending on the specifics of your case.
2)  Bonding stains much faster than your natural teeth and is very resistant to whitening treatments.
3)  Bonding is a lot weaker than tooth enamel and will therefore, break much easier than your natural tooth.
4)  Bonding will look great, if you have an excellent cosmetic dentist doing it.  If you pick the wrong dentist, you will probably not have a very cosmetic appearance.  I suggest looking at the before and after photos that a doctor has on this site or on their website.

Veneers may be a better, and more permanent alternative.  Veneers are more expensive, but very stain resistant, stronger than natural teeth, and look great.  I hope this helps.  Follow me if you have more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Belleville Cosmetic Dentist

Is my gap too big for tooth bonding?

+1
No, it is not too big for bonding.  However, the space would be closed and your front tooth look way too large. Thus, you would be trading one problem for another.
In my professional opinion, you have two choices.  One is orthodontics, and the other is doing at least four porcelain veneers (not bonding).  This way the large space will be filled and your four or six teeth will end up being in proportion to one another.  It will look much more natural and esthetic.

Norman Huefner, DDS
Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist