My Frount Tooth Has Shifted Due to Gum Problems, Can This Tooth Be Fixed

My Frount Tooth Has Shifted Bad Due to Gum Problems Can This Tooth Be Fixed

+1
First, my question is has the gum problem been addressed?  Is there still gum disease going on?  If there is, then any treatment will only be a temporary fix, as unstable gum/bone issues will eventually cause the tooth to move more and more than likely eventually be lost.  Thus, I recommend solving the gum disease first, AND THEN solving the tooth shifting problem.
The treatments that you might be a candidate for are orthodontics, veneering, crowning, extraction and bridge or implant, to name a few. 
Go to a good dentist, possibly a periodontist to treat your gum disease, and then see what he/she recommends.
Good luck!

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

Central tooth shifted due to gum problem

+1

In the situation when the anterior teeth shift and the gum problems exist, there is evidently the degree of bone loss that is significant. When the bone support is missing, teeth start to move and become mobile in the gum. You need to be seen by the periodontist and a restorative dentist or a Prosthodontist to evaluate your situation and prepare the comprehensive treatment plan. 

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Teeth Shifting Due To Gum Disease

+1

I think that the first thing you should do is consult with a periodontist.  This is a dentist that specialized in patients with gum and bone problems.  Let them figure out the cause of your bone loss and treatment for it, then you can have a restorative dentist look at correcting any aesthetic issues. Good luck.  

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Shifted teeth due to gum problems

+1

First find a great cosmetic dentist who will refer you to a periodontist.  He/She will determine if tooth can be managed/saved.  If so, great- your Dentist will know just the right procedure. (Gum treatment with: braces, splinting, joining crowns together, night guard and/or bite adjustment, etc).

If not, don't despair we live in the age of modern Dentistry!  Even if you have to loose a front tooth, we have fabulous ways of managing your tooth loss.  What is more important is figuring out why your tooth shifted and preventing it from happening to any more teeth.  Good luck.

Madeleinne Zapantis, DMD
Long Island Cosmetic Dentist

Shifting Front Tooth

+1

Mobility is generally caused by loss of supporting tissues like gum and bone. If  the bone loss is advanced, as it seems to be in this case, saving the tooth may not be possible.  However, advanced Dentistry can give you a properly fitted and beautiful temporary  fixture while advanced bone grafting and Implant placement eventually replaces this tooth. A consultation with a Peridontist is necessary.

Eric S. Weiner, DDS
Long Island Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth shift from gum problems-can it be corrected?

+1

You need to have your dentist and possibly a gum specialist (periodontis) look at the bone support as this will answer all the questions.  Moving the tooth may be possible, but it may then need to be splinted to hold it in place.  Good luck!

Scott LeSueur, DDS
Mesa Cosmetic Dentist