Why Does my Front View Look Wider Than my Before? (photo)

i had my nose done 8 weeks ago. it still looks wider than my old nose and more blobby, very upsetting. what is causing this? will it change?

Larger Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Because your procedure was only performed 8 weeks ago, it's very likely that you're still experiencing swelling from the rhinoplasty. In many cases, individuals continue to notice swelling for up to two years before final results are seen. It's important to continue to be patient during this time and throughout recovery as your swelling begins to subside.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastynet.com/rhinoplasty.html

Tip Width at 8 Weeks Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Tip width at 8 weeks following rhinoplasty may indeed be greater than the original nose tip width, depending upon maneuvers used and individual healing characteristics.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Why does my front view look wider than my before?

+1

After 8 weeks, you are still experiencing swelling. In general, the final result of a rhinoplasty may not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. Your nose will continue to improve as you heal. I would recommend communicating any post-operative concerns with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

+1

The action posted photos are not helpful to see the effect of surgery. Obtain the surgeon's before and after photos and post again so we can compare. It could be you did not have fractures of the nasal vault. Awaiting your response. 

Rhinoplasty at 8 weeks

+1

Noses often look wider than before surgery at this point in the recovery process because of swelling.

Rhinoplasty at 8 weeks

+1

As other Surgeons have correctly posted, a critical analysis of your Rhinoplasty result at 8 weeks post Rhinoplasty is premature.  There is still a moderate degree of swelling which will take a few more months to subside.  It would be best to review your standardized photos with your Surgeon at 9-12 months.

Web reference: http://www.drprendiville.com/rhinoplasty.html

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

The front view always looks "fat" early on after rhinoplasty

+1

I tell all of my patients that the final "narrowness" of the front view is one of the last things to show. It is not uncommon for 6 months or more to pass before you can really appreciate your nasal width.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wider nose post op 8 weeks

+1

I think its some swelling at this stage and some close up difference in images posted. I hope it improves in time. Wish you good luck.

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/face/female-nose-job.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Wide nose post op

+1

There may still be some swelling that makes it look wider. However, if the post op photo was taken closer than 4 feet then the nose will always look bigger and fatter

What does you surgeon say?

David Ellis MD FRCSC Facial Plastic Surgeon at Art of Facial Surgery

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

Hello 'shelly3783', thanks for your question.  It is difficult to ascertain the source of your concern without further information, such as the details of what exactly was done during your rhinoplasty surgery, if you have any comorbities such as diabetes or smoking, and how active you have been since recovery.  Your photos are also difficult to evaluate without more views from different angles, but to me the postop result seems more refined with narrower dorsal aesthetic lines.  All I can offer is that 8 weeks is still very early postop, especially if you had an open rhinoplasty, and the swelling can last several months to a good year.  I recommend giving it more time and having regular follow-ups with your plastic surgeon who can address your concerns further if the swelling persists.  Good luck! -Dr.92660

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon