My Front Teeth Are Thin, is Bonding the Answer?

I've had a history with an ED and as a result, my front teeth have become thin and are now starting to chip. I do not have insurance and am looking for an affordable option. The other issue is my bottom teeth hit my top teeth when I bite down. I do not grind my teeth and am careful to not bite down hard...but I don't know if that's an issue with bonding. Is tooth bonding a reasonable option for me?

Thin Front Teeth and Bonding

+2

If you had an eating disorder, you probably had a very acidic oral environment, causing the erosion of your enamel. You need a very experienced cosmetic dentist to evaluate your particular situation. As you mentioned, your occlusion (the way your top and bottom teeth meet) is VERY IMPORTANT! That must be evaluated by a dentist that takes a serious interest in occlusion. Unfortunately, many do NOT! That will determine whether you have enough enamel left to bond to, and whether your "bite" will support it.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Front Teeth Are Thin, is Bonding the Answer?

+1

Teeth bonding is done with a composite resin that can restore both aesthetics and function to your smile. Placed on both the front and back of teeth, the composite resin used in teeth bonding provides a strong, long-lasting, and seamless appearance to smiles impacted by decay or marred by cosmetic imperfections. Because it is placed over your tooth, it strengthens the surface of your tooth while preserving your smile’s natural appearance. Colored and shaped to precisely match adjacent teeth, composite resin is unnoticeable, and provides for a seamless, natural looking smile. Teeth bonding also requires very little of your natural tooth to be removed for these procedures, allowing more of your natural tooth to be preserved. Moreover, teeth bonding is done in one office visit, making it a much simpler and faster procedure

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist