My Front Teeth Are Too Big! Can They Be Fixed? (photo)

I am already planning on having invisalign to straighten out my teeth again, as they have shifted since having braces as a teen. However, even when straight, my front teeth seem too big. They are long, and I want to possibly file them down slightly? And maybe laser the gums on the teeth next to them so it is even. I'm not sure about possibly building up the teeth next to them, are they too small? I just know I hate my smile and will do anything to fix it. Please offer some insight! Thanks :)

Front Teeth Too Big

+1

Have a consultation with an experienced and recommended Cosmetic Dentist.  You will most likely have to invest a nominal amount of money to obtain a true cosmetic evaluation. The most important thing is to be able to easily communicate your wants and desires along with the dentist's recommendations of what you need. When performed by a dental "artist", you might get exactly what you want with dental and gingival contouring.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Solutions for big front teeth

+1

I would recommend an esthetic workup with good photos and study models. It looks like your other teeth are a bit small compared to the front teeth. Prior to finalizing invisalign, I would do a mock-up of the other teeth to see how it would look. It is possible that by making the other teeth slightly larger and doing some conservative re-contouring of the front teeth you will achieve what you want.  But make sure it is done as a mock-up first before doing it for real to be sure you will be happy. If this is the case, then the invisalign treatment should leave sligh spaces to make the other teeth larger.

And yes, it possible that gum re-contouring will help make the others larger.

Good luck

Dr. T

Mauricio C. Tijerino, DMD
Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist