My Friend Put TCA 30% on Side of my Face Yesterday Now Purpleish Should I Be Worried? (photo)

She left it on for about 2 to 3 min it was a complete white frost she put on neutrazer and cold water and it stayed frosted for a couple hours. We put neosporin on it after. Today I washed it lightly but it is now a purpleish color and it is not oozing and did not blister. I tan in the summer and do have a light tan currently. Please let me know as she is in her mid 50's and has had many peels and is also concerned about the color. It does not hot today just feels warm.it is med peel TCA 30%

TCA 30% Peels - Recommendations

+2

TCA 30% applied long enough to create a white frost is not a peel that should be done by a non-physician, let alone a friend.  I am also wondering why the peel was done only to the right side of your face and in a way that left sharply demarcated borders. I highly recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in chemical peeling to assess your cheek and recommend treatment to avoid permanent discoloration and/or scarring. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=13

+2

Maybe you should see a medical doctor to advise instead of your friend. Call your local boarded derm or PS. It may cost you a few $'s, but safety is better than self care. 

If your friend is doing a 30% TCA peel herself, sheaves asking for trouble.

+1

I recommend that she see a board certified dermatologist who specialized in chemical peels to assess her condition and recommend treatment.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon