Can my Friend and I Have a Consultation at the Same Time? We Are Getting the Same Procedure.

My friend and I are both considering getting a brazilian butt lift procedure done in the near future. We need a consultation and was wondering if we can get a consultation together or will we have to schedule separate appointments?

Consultation at the Same Time for Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Consultation can be performed at the same time.  Usually I limit consults to three or fewer patients as this can get a bit crowded. 

Consult with a friend

+1

Yes, it an be done at the same time.  It is not uncommon for me to have two friends in the same room during a consultation.  I can go over all of the aspects of surgery with both patients in the room, and you can each ask questions that perhaps the other forgot about.  The physical exam can be done with both in the room, or separately, this is dependent on your comfort level.

Dennis Dass, MD

Simultaneous Consultation

+1

Simultaneous consultation has its pluses and minuses.  It helps to have a friend or loved one there for support. Unfortunately, it comes at the price of loss of privacy and loss of focus.  The doctor's attention is divided between two people and that may leave some questions unanswered.  Additionally, one discussion may or may not be relevant for the other party because people have different anatomical findings.  While it may be ok to do a combined consultation at first, it is important to have your own separate discussion with your surgeon at a separate visit prior to proceeding with your Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery.  Best wishes to you and your friend!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Simultaneous Consultations for Same condition has its advantages

+1

As long as you are comfortable disrobing in front of your friend and sharing your medical information there are many advantages of having simultaneous consultations.

The reasons for this include: an extra pair of ears, someone to take notes, and ask questions that you may not think of, and also after consultation discussion, remembering what was said and decision making. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Simoultaneously consultation may be done at same time if you dont care to develop your medical records to another people/

+1

yes you may do a simoultaneous private consultation if you dont mind than the another guy knows  everything  about you par example  if you have intimate  ilness and another  things like your sexual  records

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Medical consultation

+1

I see no problem having you and your friend getting a consultation together. Provided that both of you agree to the other person present during the history and examination.

Then an examination of each person. the physician will then discuss the particular findings of each  and the approach to do the surgery. Because you may have different body shapes and different fat distribution.

Depending on the history and physical examination each may have different set of risks and complications

The basic aspect of the surgery is or may be the same.