My Freckles Are Scattered Around my Body and Vary in Size Most Are Dark Browny Black How Many Ipl's? (photo)

My freckles are scattered around my body and vary in size most are dark brown abd some nearly black how many ipl's will I need ?

Brown and black spots treated with IPL

+1

Caution with unidentified freckles must be taken before starting IPL treatments. This is why it is always preferable to have your IPL done in a medical office, preferably under the guidance of a plastic surgeon or dermatologist. This is because during your consultation, the doctor should first diagnose the brown spots to make sure they are not suspicious for melanoma or other pathologies. If they are not suspicious, then the doctor or nurse / medical esthetician will determine if you are a good candidate for IPL in those areas. IPL will lighten most brown spots with 3 - 5 treatments. Good luck!

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

IPL for freckles

+1

IPL works on irregular pigments, but not on certain things, like moles or specific lesions. From your photos you appear to have the types of spots I'm referring to, so even if you had 100 IPLs, you'd still have these spots. It's important in this case to be seen and evaluated by a dermatologist, because you are probably going to be wasting your money trying to get rid of spots that can't be removed with IPL.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

IPL for freckles

+1

You should consult a dermatologist to have your brown spots examined to ensure they are normal.  On your photo, the lesions appear to be moles, not freckles.  Freckles can be treated with IPL but not moles.  It would be best to have any treatments with a dermatologist who can monitor your skin and you should use sun protection.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist