Is my Frame Suitable for Large Implants? (Photo)

I'm well aware there are limitations to breast augmentation and i'm a very small 34A. Im 5ft6 and currently weigh 140lb, hoping to lose a stone before my surgery though. My question is, by judging the photos do I look like I could achieve a DD cup with one operation? Obviously I do not want them to appear stuck on and extremely unnatural but I just want large breasts quick. Is this due to surgeon preference in whether they would do this?

Large breasts in a small package

+2

I give you this advise. Find a very experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with excellent skills and artistic judgement. Your breasts are towards the sides of your chest and there is a very large amount of distance between them. It is unrealistic to go from where you are now to the size of the woman in the photo. Don't even think about doing this and run from anyone who says that they can do it. It is anatomically impossible to go there. Choose as wide as implant that is possible considering the short width of your breasts and be happy that you chose shape over size. If you desire to go larger later on in life that might be an option but you have some anatomic limitations with respect to breast size and risk loosing all size and shape by not respecting the limitations of your specific breast dimensional anatomy. Such an extensive dissection for a large implant risks loosing all anatomic breast integrity and multiple corrective surgeries later on. Consider viewing your breasts with a Vectra 3D imaging system to get a realistic idea of your results. I wish you the best. Please consider this. 

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Implants

+1

You appear to have a very tight chest wall envelope and very little natural breast. Do your breasts resemble the preperative photographs corresponding to the photographs you have listed??

Is my Frame Suitable for Large Implants?

+1

Your questions can be best answered in the setting of an in person consultation. Some measurements would be made, and those will help your surgeon recommend a maximum size that will not look unnatural. , and will not extend excessively beyond the side of your chest wall. 

I am going to guess, just for an example, that your breast width is 11 cm. The widest high profile implant that stays within that parameter is about 300 cc. Extra high profile implants, which may in and of themselves result in an unnatural appearance, would allow up to maybe 400 cc. Although I dislike guessing cup size (since they are not entirely predictable, and are without standard definitions), many on this site estimate that it takes 150 to 250 cc for each cup enlargement. It they are right, a DD would be out of range. 

Rather than looking for a cup size, try on implants in the surgeons office, and discuss what size it would take to look like the trial sizers look, and if that size will work with your anatomy. 

Thanks for your question, and for the photos posted. All the best. 

Large Breast Implants For Body Frame

+1

While you could achieve that breast size in a single operation, that does not mean they will look exactly the same way at that same size. Your initial breast anatomy is likely different than the example you have shown. Your breast skin is tight with short nipple to fold distance. Therefore your lower breast folds will need to be dropped down to accomodate larger implants...and with that comes the risks of bottoming out. This does not mean you should not try to achieve your breast size goal...just that it may not look the same or be as uncomplicated as what your ideal results show.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

What is a suitable implant size for your frame?

+1

In the age of instant messaging, we often want drastic change and immediate result. Unfortunately, we are limited by anatomy. From your pics,  it looks like you have tight skin envelope, narrow breast base, and short nipple to fold distance. Given these constraints, there are limited implant sizes  that a plastic surgeon could offer without  distorting your anatomy ( i.e. significant lowering of the breast folds could result in dreadful bottoming out complication). Make sure you get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Larger #BreastImplants a Good Choice?

+1

From your photos and your ideal outcome, it appears that you wont be able to achieve those goals. The distance from your nipple to fold is quite short and this would need to be lowered. Aggressive lowering can lead to "bottoming out" or other problems. Thus, you would likely need a staged approach to get this result. You can create a larger volume on your frame, but it is unlikely to be similar to your "ideal" outcome photo.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Because of breast implant options, most sizes can be accommodated regardless of the patient's frame.

+1

Breast implants are manufactured with different amounts of projection based on the diameter of the base. These variations can be exploited by the plastic surgeon to allow for more projection without violating the dimensions of the breast. There are limits however.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Achieving Breast Size Goals with One Operation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. It is difficult to know whether you will be able to achieve your goals with one operation. Much will depend on the quality of skin ( for example elasticity) present.

My best advice to you at this point would be to meet with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients  achieve the types of results you are looking for. Make sure that as you communicate your goals both you and your plastic surgeon emphasize safety of the planned procedure. For example, if a plastic surgeon tries to “accomplish” too much in one setting, you may end up with problems such as breast implant displacement/malposition or significant rippling/palpability of the breast implants.

Worst-case scenario, I think that it would require a 2 stage approach to achieve your final goals.  Again, much  of what will be recommended to you will depend on direct physical examination.

Hopefully this, and the attached link, helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastImplantXL.htm

Large Breast Augmentation

+1

I think you could get the look you are trying to achieve in one operation.  You would need a large implant and there are downsides to using large implants (like increased risk of malposition and sagging over time).  You do have a wide space between your breasts but that would improve with implants.  I would use high profile implants on your narrow frame to get more projection outward rather than into your underarm area.  Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon